1.

I work with one of the state's leading banks, and as we all know, good performance at work literally means 'you don't have a life dear.'

I'm William, you can calm me Will because my friends call me Will, well if I had any friends I'd imagined they'd call me Will. I was born and brought up in Virginia, got my degree in James Madison University, coming out top of the class of 09. I pretty much was the youngest person in that set, being only nineteen when I had graduated college, got out, travelled for a year and started working by twenty-one.

My parents support me in every decision I make which is quite interesting, I honestly thought I'd be pushed right into life's arm after college but they were understanding, having put in school early, turned me to a bookworm, it was only fair I wanted to experience a lot having accomplished something at the age of nineteen.

Now I, am a stable twenty-three year old who still receive pay checks from his parents, not that I didn't have a job or I wasn't doing okay, I had told them a lot of times, I was okay with the job I had and I didn't really need much, considering my grandparents left me a fortune; that didn't mean I didn't like to work though, I still worked as hard as I would if I didn't have supporting parents or big ass checks waiting for me when i turn twenty-five.

Anyways, I got my letter of promotion today, something I had been waiting for the past three months since it was announced there would be a promotion in the office. I was incredibly ecstatic until I saw a letter of transfer attached to it.

PHOENIX???? WHHHAAATTTT????

In what planet do you get a promotion with a transfer across states? My mind immediately began reciting all the states, in an incredible fast forwarding pace to find out how far Phoenix was from Virginia. I had never been there, I deflated on my couch with the later in my hand as I fell asleep.

^^^

I woke up the next morning feeling really miserable. A new position and a new location, though the money that came with it brought comforting hope, I didn't need to accept money from my parents, I knew I was 'inn for it'.

After a few calls, so many long conversations and a few days, I was in Phoenix. I stayed in a hotel for a while when I arrived in Phoenix, making preparations for my stay here and when I eventually found a place that was good enough for my taste, i took it and I moved in.

"Aah, this place doesn't seem quite bad," my mom commented sighing, looking around the house.

Oh did I forget to mention my really not so annoying parents who thought it upon themselves to accompany me to a whole new state I hadn't been before? I'm so elated, note the sarcasm.

"It's a nice house Celia," my dad defended, knowing fully well the pun behind my others statement.

"Oh William understood me," was her simple reply. I did understand what she meant, that it wasn't a bad house, but she also did mean 'hey it wasn't a good house either.'

Within hours, the movers had gotten everything out of the truck, my mom took it upon her self to style the living room while I took care of my room. It was a nice house, a decent 3 bed room bungalow with a nice small back yard and a tiny bitty little space I already knew was gonna be my garden immediately, the house had a beautiful patio up front, and it gracefully sat in a very serene neighborhood. Plus, it wasn't far from where I was now to begin work.

I sighed as I dropped on my bed that had just been put together by the movers, feeling extremely tired, not that I had really done anything. My mother came in with a glass of Perrier water, handing it to me, I thanked her and she happily left my room, announcing that she was making dinner before she left.

She and my dad had an early flight to catch, and both insisted that they'd go back to the hotel and have some 'relaxation time', a whole lotta emphasis on relaxation time, I honestly don't wanna know what that means in old people terms, and I most definitely don't want them to find out what that means for me or rather who I relax with.

You see, I'm really close to both my parents being the only child, but I also haven't been the golden child they thought I was. I knew for a fact that my dad was the king of homophobia itself and I really thought I would lock myself up all through high school and come out when I had gotten to college. I never really had a high school experience, it was more of pretending and fake smiles for me, but going to college didn't really soften things up, I met a whole lot more homophobic set of people and the right time to come out never really came.

I am a twenty-three year old closeted gay, how fun?

Telling my parents became something that wasn't an option for me again. I just don't know how to even begin with, like my father wouldn't be my biggest fan anymore, not that I lived for him, don't get me wrong. But family is quite everything to me, just like how you'd chose to remain silent when you have feelings for your friend just so that you don't loose the friendship itself if everything goes sideways or if it's unrequited.

The sound of my dad's voice calling my name jolted me back from my thinking state. I picked up my glass and the tray, went down to meet my mother in my dads arms, smiling.

"Thank you." I breathed out, walking towards them as they opened up for a hug.

"Stay safe son," my dad said roughing my hair.

"Don't forget time call me every weekend William." My mom looked like she had tears in her eyes, she sniffed.

"I will," I smiled at her, at the both of them.

"William Louis Dayspring," she scolded sternly giving me the look.

"I promise," I assured her, hugging them tighter.

And with that, they left, after the cab arrived few minutes later. And after my dad actually tired to convince me to come back home with them.

Like what! We just flew here! Even got a house and moved in.

I closed the gates, the door, headed for my bathroom as I slowly took off my clothes. What I do need right now is a long hot bath, food and a lot of sleep.

Hey guys 👋
So this is the first chapter in a new short story i have been working on, well more like started working on a few days ago. Anyways I really hope you guys love it, it basically just has about 10-12 chapters, I really hope you get to love these fresh new characters in a really short time.

Don't forget to leave a vote and/or a comment.
Xoxo KAY💋