5.

Everything went on great, at work and at home.

It all was harmony and roses; in essence wonderful. I could say we both lived in peace and harmony, I was beginning to like church a little more, well mostly because it was fun and they had really nice people there who weren't also all judging considering a gay guy walked into the church, well it's not like I announced myself gay or anything, but they did have another gay person there, in the choir infact, his voice was to die for, Desmond was really cliche gay guy, so feminine but in a good way, everybody liked him. Plus he was English, so....

It even turns out he's actually close to Monday, which really surprised me, I actually took him for someone who wouldn't wanna be associated with gay people, that's why I didn't really tell him about myself, but he found out anyways and also convinced me to come out to my parents which actually turned out really okay, I could say I have a lot to thank Monday for, really.

I also learnt to cook more things, I even ended up making dinner for the both of us, roast chicken and rice along side shrimp and tomato sauce. And Hell no! I didn't burn anything, anyone or myself. Thank you!

Everything remained at equilibrium until i started seeing a guy who i met on Facebook, David Rickshaw, he stayed two towns over.

David was nice, I had only met him online two months earlier after he sort of mistook me for someone else, but I so knew that was his pick up line to get my attention, I didn't comment on it though. David was cute, a typical white guy who looks really great in his late 20s, he had really dark shinny hair that was well noticed from a FaceTime call, a really tiny mole just beside the left side of his nose, really thin lips and a smile that could make my heart melt.

He was always smiling, even when he had a bad day, he still smiled, it reminded me of Monday always, he had that face that just had a smile plastered to it. And I began visiting him occasionally after the third month.

To say I found him a beautiful man in person was an understatement, I often found myself comparing him to other guys I had seen but none could compare, well except Monday, no! Scratch that thought.

I shook my head as I stood outside his front lawn, well cut and manicured grass, flower pots at the door. He came out of his house with his usual smile, the weekend with him was amazing, he took me to a really nice place for dinner, David couldn't cook to save his life, one thing we had in common.

"So what's up for tomorrow?" I asked over the phone.

"Well I've got my Nephew's birthday to attend tomorrow, kid's turning 5" David told me.

"Oh what'd you get him?" I asked as I looked over at Monday who was now dusting the really clean vase next to the counter where I was, throwing me glances from time to time.

"I got him a laptop, he's into those kynna things," he said.

"Oh, that's nice, wish I had a niece or nephew." I imagined.

"Bad parts of being an only child," he laughed.

"Yea," I laughed out dryly, now feeling really uncomfortable at the way Monday kept glaring at me and turning back to doing nothing when i caught him staring. Like what the hell! That vase is really clean and you're still dusting?

What really got me confused was Monday dusting a mug standing next to me on the counter. This pretty much went on every time I was on a call with David, he was acting like a jealous friend, I kind of felt bad at first, the weekends were our thing, now he had to share it with someone else. It was obvious Monday wasn't a fan of me ditching him on the weekends, so his jealousy thing was fair enough, or so I thought.

Most days I'd excuse myself to have some privacy, but that didn't stop Monday, he would follow me, always with that particular duster, he would start loitering the place on purpose and clean them up. Once I went to my room to talk alone far away from him, but he came in pretending to fall, dragging my shoe rack along with him and I swear I saw him lock the doors muttering "you are not leaving here now" as he bent down to start fixing the rack and placing all the shoes back. This went on For about two weeks, me on a call, him pretending to be busy around me.

Sometimes he will look at me in a funny way and just say "well done."

I really didn't read any further meaning to his behaviors, I understood that he was now sharing his friend but he acted like it was a lot more than that, I get we have a really great connection and we had really grown to always telling each other everything, but recently I feel more distant, I guess it feels distant for him too.

I'd given up wishing he was mine, He was straight and that was my final conclusion so to hell with his jealous boyfriend act.

Alert! Alert! Alert!
We got a jealous person here!!!
What do you think about Monday being jealous, cos he obviously is 🙄
Don't forget to leave a vote.
Love you so much
Love, KAY💋