Chapter 7

We sang a few more songs before I decided my vocal cords needed a break. Eve went out to get some snacks for us to eat while we played some games and painted our nails.

I sat on her big, fluffy hot pink carpet and laid out all of my nail polish, along with some cute nail stickers. I was gonna get creative with my nails tonight.

Eve had her American pop playlist playing in the background. It was mostly early 2000s and lates 2000s songs playing. American pop is cool to be honest.

Evelyn came back with a bag of salt & vinegar chips, cupcake flavored goldfish, takis, and sugar cookies. Weird mix , but I didn't mind.

She sat down right in front of me and placed the snacks next to us.

Eve tied her hair up with the only hair tie on her wrist and I watched her for a spilt second before she looked at me.

"Girl, I have to tell you something." Eve sighed.

I tied my hair back since I was going to paint Eve's nails first and nodded my head.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"The other day I remember Amelia asking me which one of the most popular boys I liked at our school because she was doing this poll thing, and I said "neither" but she kept pestering me about it all day,"

"Like, what the heck? I swear she's always trying to get me to say something and then she'll twist my words and spread some stupid rumor." Eve groaned with frustration.

I rolled my eyes thinking about Amelia. She's always trying to bring us down and make us look bad because of what happened in the third grade.

Evelyn and Amelia both auditioned for the part of Ariel in the little mermaid, but Eve ended up getting the part and not Amelia. This upset Amelia and she still won't forget about it 'till this day.

"Anyway, are there any boys that you like, Roni?" Evelyn asked.

I knew this part was coming, ah the classic boy talk. Ugh, gross.

An idea popped up in my head. What if I just tell Eve I likes girls right now? Maybe it doesn't have to be all emotional and sad, I could just come out.

"Nah, I'm into girls." I admitted nonchalantly.

Evelyn choked on her spit and I thought something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I asked with a concerned expression.

"No, no, I'm fine—it's just...wow you like girls." She was shocked.

"Yeah..." I scratched my neck.

"Nothing's wrong with that though! No matter what you identify as or what you're sexual or romantic orientation is, I will always love you, Roni. We've been best friends since diapers day and I'm so happy for you." Eve held my hands in hers and she grinned.

I smiled warmly before thanking her.

"Thanks, Eve. I'm happy that you support me—I thought you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore and I'm glad that I was wrong."

Evelyn leaned in and looked into my eyes.

"Hey, don't ever doubt me, Jisoo. I'm your best friend and I always will be. I'll always be by your side and I'll always support you in everything you do. Besides, you're the only friend I need in life." Evelyn chuckled.

I smiled brightly as I let a tear slip out. I was so lucky to have a friend like Evelyn.

"So, are there any girls you like...?" Eve asked with a smirk.

I laughed and hesitated for a moment before saying.

"Yeah, there is one girl I like."
—————-

Author's note:
Okay, okay I know what you're thinking...
This book is based in Australia yet I'm using American English. I apologize if this seems weird , but I'm American myself so that's why I'm using American English and will continue to use it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience or if it bothers you a lot. I just wanted to point that out and apologize. 😌