Chapter 16

When I got home, I got straight to work. I sat at my desk and took out my supplies so I could write a letter to Eve.

If I wrote letters and sent them to her, she could find a way to secretly respond and we could form some type of plan to get her out of there.

EVE POV

It's been a few days since I last saw Veronica. She visited me and we got to talk for a bit until she got caught. Ugh I hate it here.

There's nothing to do, I'm just locked in my room all day. I can't talk to anyone except Suwon and Eugene, I can't see my girlfriend, I can't go for a walk outside. My parents have never been this harsh on me before.

I curled myself up in a ball and covered myself with a blanket. I hugged my knees as I began to sob quietly...

I heard a single knock on my door and quickly wiped my tears away.

"Come in!" I shouted.

Suwon peeked in for a second before coming in and closing the door behind him.

"As I was collecting the mail, I came across this particular envelope . I took a closer look and it's from Veronica!" He whispered.

My head shot up once I heard her name.

"Let me see!" I reached for the envelope and took a closer look at it.

The envelope was decked out in pink and red stickers. I instantly knew this was hers because only my baby would go all out like this. I hugged the envelope tightly against my chest as I thought about Roni.

"I had to sneak this in because you would get in huge trouble if your parents found out about these letters, but I just couldn't keep these away from you."

"Thank you , Suwon." I said with a warm smile.

He bowed before he left me alone in my room.

I got to opening the envelope right away.

I took out the letter and there were mini hearts drawn on every corner of the paper, and it was all Veronica's handwriting.

"Hey, Evelyn it's me, Veronica. I'm writing this so we can have a way of communicating without your parents finding out I hope you see this.

We have to find a way to get your parents to accept us. I don't want our relationship to continue being like this. I want us to go on dates, I want the rest of the world to know your mine and only mine, and I also don't think I can survive any longer if you're not by my side.

Love, Roni." It read.

I put the letter back into the envelope and went to my desk.

I grabbed my pen and started writing back to her and that's how it was for the next two weeks. We secretly wrote letters to each with only Suwon and Eugene knowing.

Eugene would even secretly take me outside and let me be with Veronica. I was so happy to be spending time with her again, I couldn't think about anything else.

I almost got caught twice, but luck was on our side and we spent the rest of the day together.

Today, I was gonna hang out with Veronica again so I was in my room getting dressed.

I couldn't wear anything glamorous because I needed to keep a low profile since security guards are everywhere around my house and if I wore expensive outfits in public people would recognize me.

I wore a black cap and an XL black hoodie. My whole outfit was colored black, but I don't think I looked suspicious.

Suwon knocked on my door before entering.