Chapter 13

Evelyn dropped me off at my house and kissed me goodnight. I waved at her until she was out of view and went inside.

Mom was on the couch watching TV when I entered and she turned around with a smile on her face.

"Hey, honey! Tell me alllll about it!" Mom beamed as she patted the spot next to her.

I quickly sat down next to her and started to tell her all about my first date with Eve.

"It was so nice, Mom! We went on the big zipper, so many rollercoasters, ate some carnival food, and we even kissed on the Ferris wheel..." I mumbled the last part but Mom heard me anyway.

"You guys kissed? Oh my goodness!" Mom shouted.

"Yes, yes! I wish I could relive that moment forever. It was perfect..." I trailed off.

Mom wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"Oh, my baby is so grown up." She squished my cheeks.

"Okay, okay I get it , Mom. I'm going to bed since we have school tomorrow."

"Okay, sweetie goodnight."

I got up from the couch and went up to my room.

As I was about to get ready for bed, I got a message from Evelyn. I swiped right and saw the pictures we took tonight. She sent a few of our selfies then sent a picture she took of me when I wasn't looking.

"I'm making this my lock screen 😏" She texted.

"Lol ok then I'm doing the same" I texted back.

"Goodnight 😘" She replied.

"Goodnight 💖" I texted.

I put my phone away and got ready for bed. I fell asleep soon after.
_____________
The next day...

I checked myself out in the mirror and added the last few touches of makeup on my face. I wanted to look cuter for Eve today for some reason.

I wore my hair down like usual and placed two purple hair clips on the side.

"Dang I look good." I said to myself before going downstairs.

I kissed my mom on the cheek before heading out the door.

Eugene pulled up into my front porch and I hopped in the backseat.

"Good morning, baby! How did you sleep last night?" Eve asked immediately as she took my backpack for me and placed it in the trunk.

"I slept really good last night. I think it's because of our kiss~" I joked.

"Haha, are my lips too good for you?" Eve teased as she leaned in.

"No, I can handle them." I quickly said before thing's escalated.

"Okay, then." Eve smirked.

We arrived at school and said our goodbyes to Eugene.

As we walked into school, whispers and murmurs were heard everywhere. When we walked by the main halls, everyone gave us a look. Some were shocked, some were disgusted, and some were disappointed. What was going on?

It was like we did something that could've caused mixed reactions but...we did nothing? Why is everyone looking at us weirdly?

Evelyn and I kept walking even though the weird atmosphere was starting to make me very uncomfortable. Imagine having everyone's eyes on you and it also looks like they're talking bad about you. That's what's happening right now and all I wanted to do was hide in the bathroom.

Eve noticed my uneasiness and immediately understood what I was going through.

Evelyn grabbed my hand and dragged me to some place else. We ended up near the girls locker room and Eve glanced around for someone she knew.

She saw a random girl and tapped on her shoulder.

"Hey, you! Uhh, what's going on? Why was everyone looking at us?" She asked.

The girl took out her phone and showed us the videos and pictures taken of us. I gasped and covered my mouth when I saw someone had posted the videos to the school board and thousands have already seen them.

"Who...posted this?" Eve asked.

"Don't know, someone random just hacked into the school website. It was probably someone from our school." The girl said.

The girl walked away as Eve sighed.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked.

"We gotta figure out who did this. I mean, why would someone invade our privacy like that?" Eve groaned.

"It was me."
_______________