Chapter 8

The rest of the sleepover was great because we painted our nails, did karaoke, wore face masks, and watched a few horror movies.

The next day, Eugene and Eve took me back home. I already missed Evelyn and wanted to be in her presence again, but I'll see her at school on Monday.

Two days later...

Evelyn and I had been talking about the LGBT community because she wanted to learn more about it. It made me happy that she was so supportive.

"Do you think any girls here wanna date you?" She teased.

"Meh, I don't think so. This is like the straightest school ever." I joked.

The bell rang loudly through the loud speakers and students started filling up the hallway.

Eve and I sneaked our way into the main hall from the school garden since we were supposed to be in Biology, but we skipped class instead.

Once we got to our lockers, we giggled like little girls.
______________
Eve's POV

Later that day , I went to the school's library. I had an upcoming test that I had to study for. Veronica had asked if I wanted her help, but I didn't wanna get in the way of her finishing her homework.

You see, I usually don't study for tests, since I'm good at every subject...except for history. I don't know why it's so hard for me, I mean, I pay attention everyday in class yet I still don't understand anything.

I sat down at the table in the far back so no one could disturb me. I placed all my stuff down and quickly got to work.

I was reading my workbook when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I mentally groaned before turning around to see Olivia. We barely talked, but we were once partnered up in History.

"Do you need something?" I asked politely.

"We have the same test coming up so I was wondering if you needed any help? It looked like you were struggling." Olivia asked.

I thought for a moment before nodding my head.

Olivia grinned and sat down beside me.

"I actually really appreciate your help because I suck at history." I laughed.

"I'll help you," she said.

"Really? Thank you so mu-!"

"-under one condition, though." She cut me off.

I looked at her confused.

"Help me get Veronica to notice me!" She said.

I hesitated for a moment before agreeing to help her.

"I've had a crush on Veronica for a year now and I know you're really close to her."

"Deal." I said before we shook hands.
—————————