00: The breakup

GULF'S POV

It's almost three in the morning and he's not home yet. Typical. I want to yell at him when he finally walks through the door but at this point, what's the use? I know he's with him. He's always with him and he thinks I'm stupid enough not to realize.

I hear him unlocking the door after a while, his footsteps approaching the living room of our shared apartment.

"Bright", I said as I see him trying to get to the bathroom.

"Shit! Gulf, you scared me!". He jumped as he saw me sitting on the couch. "Babe, did you wait for me? You didn't have to. My boyfriend is so sweet". He approached me wanting to give him a hug.

"Cut the crap, Bright. It's three in the morning, you said you were only going to work on a project at a friend's house. Why did it take so long?", I stood up before he could lean on me.

He scratched his head, probably thinking of an excuse. "I uh...fell asleep at his house and when I woke up it was already late. He said I looked tired and he didn't want to wake me".

"Who's he?", I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Just a classmate. You don't know him". Bullshit.

"Is his name Win? Oh, but I think I know him". I said sarcastically.

The look on his face when I mentioned the guy's name says it all.

"Bright, I'm not stupid. I know you've been seeing him for a while and I know you're happier with him. I love you and I know at some point you loved me too. Honestly, you could've broken up with me at the time you realized you liked Win more. At least that way you're not a cheater".

He stood there, stunned at my words.

I continued, "Anyways, I'm sleeping on the couch tonight and I'm moving out first thing in the morning. I'll leave my keys by the door. Don't call or text me after that. Instead, why don't you text Win and tell him to move in with you? Wow, see? Things turned out the way we all wanted it to. So yeah, I'm sleepy now".

"Gulf I––"

"Good night and good bye, Bright". 

Author's note:
I LOVE AND RESPECT BRIGHTWIN LMAO