03: Good morning

GULF's POV

Thank god, it's the weekend. If it weren't, I probably wouldn't be able to go to my morning class because of what happened last night.

I groaned and got up to get breakfast. Saint was leaning on the kitchen counter with his hair all messed up.

"Good morning", I greeted him and he hummed in response. I took a mug and poured myself some coffee. We both stood in silence, still not completely awake.

Zee came out of his room and went straight to the sofa to lie down again. "My back hurts!" he whined. Right, he fell and Mew fell on top of him.

Speaking of Mew...

"Saint, where's Mew?", I asked the half asleep person standing next to me.

"I think he's still in his room. This kind of thing happens once in a while. He goes home extremely wasted and doesn't move until noon. One time, he didn't want us to help him so we let him lie on the floor while he stared at the ceiling".

"He did eventually get up, right?".

"That's the crazy part. We left him there and the next morning, he was still on the floor and he was still staring at the ceiling! It's like he didn't sleep at all! That dude's a bit weird". Saint shudders at the memory.

"Don't forget that time he turned on the TV and stared at a blank screen for hours", Zee chimed in from the living room.

"So he has a drinking problem?", I asked. You really can't do anything right when you're drunk, can you?

"More like a sleeping problem. He's awake the whole night, sleeps for like a couple of hours until noon, and goes about his day like normal", Saint corrected me.

Sleeping problem? How can someone not be able to sleep after getting that wasted.

Suddenly I remembered his words last night. Right when I replayed what he said to me in my head, the door to his room opened. He's already changed into clean clothes and he looked like he just got back from hell.

"Sweet morning to you, Mr. Suppasit! I hope you got plenty of sleep! Oh wait, you didn't and neither did we!" Saint teased him as he walked towards where we were.

He looked up and saw both Saint and I in the kitchen. It seems like he was surprised to see me.

"What the hell?", the finally sober guy said.

"That's how you greet your new housemate? Who selflessly helped your drunk ass to bed last night even though he just met you?" Saint laughed at him.

"No. I mean...he's real?", Mew asked.

Huh? Did he think last night's events were a dream?

"You good? I think you better drink some coffee first", Saint handed him a mug.

He took it and looked at me before pouring the hot liquid in his cup. His gaze was so fixed on me that he didn't realize he was about to burn his hand.

"Mew! Stop!" Saint grabbed a hold of his arm to stop him from pouring the overfilled mug with more coffee. "What's gotten into you?".

He snapped out of whatever trance he was in and quickly saw what he did. He apologized and rubbed his neck.

"This is Gulf Kanawut. And yes, he's real. Now, you guys talk and get to know each other. I'm going back to bed. You owe us big, Mew. Last night was rough", he sighed and left to go to his room.

Silence quickly filled the kitchen as we both stood there awkwardly. I wanted to start a conversation but I really didn't know what to say. Mew cleared his throat and finally broke the awkward tension. "Sorry about last night. That was bad timing for me to meet you like that".

I looked up and he avoided eye contact this time.

"It's fine. Not the best first impression, but at least there's an impression", I laughed to ease the conversation.

He smiled. "I promise, it won't happen again".

"Yeah, right! That's what you say every time!". I forgot Zee was lying on the couch. He shot up and looked at us. "Mew, this happens almost twice every month!". He left and headed towards Saint's bedroom.

I could tell he was getting embarrassed.

"Don't worry, at least there's one more person to help you when this does happen again". I patted his shoulder. He held my wrist, shocked at my action. He didn't say anything, but he wouldn't let go.

"Mew? Are you okay?".

He didn't respond. Instead, he pulled me closer. His face was inches away from mine and I was slightly panicking already but he kept his face blank. He kept staring at my lips, my nose, and then my eyes.

"Um...Mew? Mew? Can you let go? Mew?"

He smiled. "You're pretty cute".

He let me go and went back to his room. I couldn't move. What just happened?