24: So much better now

GULF'S POV

"Good morning", he said just as he woke up.

Last night when we got home, all we could do was embrace each other. We were both too overwhelmed with emotions. It didn't really sink in that we said all those things. We slept like usual; only the feeling of being beside him is so much better now.

This feels like a dream. I still can't believe this is real. It feels like the world is finally on my side. It's as if all the worries and doubts that I had, disappeared because of his simple yet profound words. I'm in love with you, Gulf. I could hear him say that over and over again. I didn't think he felt like that for me. I thought that this day would never come and I would just eventually wait for my feelings to die down, but he proved me wrong.

"I don't want to get out of bed yet", he said. "We should sleep more". He embraced me and entangled his legs with mine.

Being in his arms now feels different; it feels more reassuring than ever. Waking up beside him today was a reminder that everything is real. My feelings, his feelings, us; it's all real. I haven't felt this secure and happy in a really long time.

He closed his eyes and all I could do was stare at his beautiful face. He looks so peaceful. Everything about him is so phenomenal; even his long lashes look so delicate. How did I get so lucky that I could be with him everyday?

My mind and my eyes suddenly started to focus on only one thing; his lips. I mustered up all my courage to kiss him yesterday, and when he finally kissed back, it felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. It felt like I was yearning for him for so long that when he finally gave in, it felt like I was about to explode. I want to taste them again. I want to feel my head spin like it did last night. I want to feel the softness and the eagerness of his mouth one more time. I love him and I want him so bad right now.

"Mew?".

"Mmm?" He hummed in response.

"Can I kiss you?".

He slowly opened his eyes. I could tell he was processing what I asked of him. He bit his lower lip and kept his gaze on mine. He carefully brought his hand to my cheek and the other to my waist. He moved his face closer.

It felt like he was moving in slow motion. The few seconds of him enclosing the space between us was agonizing. He pressed his lips on mine gently, like he's being so cautious. He didn't move until I parted my mouth. He did it so slow; so painfully slow. It felt like my whole body was heating up.

I couldn't help myself anymore so I grabbed the back of his neck to deepen the kiss. He responded by parting his lips wider, allowing me to really taste him. Our tongues collided and it felt like bliss. My hands didn't know what to do with themselves. They roamed around from his hair to his face to his torso. I could feel the heat rising more.

He suddenly positioned his leg that was already in between me higher and it kept brushing against the lower part of my body. This is torturing me. I needed to do something. I tried to move my touch below his stomach but he caught my hand before I could do anything. He broke the kiss and pulled away.

"Gulf", he was breathing heavily. He removed my hands from his body and held them in his.

"Mew, is everything alright?".

"Gulf, I'm sorry, can we stop?". He avoided my eyes as if he's feeling apologetic for asking.

"It's alright, Mew. Are you okay? Is there something wrong?". I couldn't tell what was on his mind.

"Nothing. It's just...not today, okay?". He admitted.

It dawned on me that if he didn't stop us, I wouldn't have been able to control myself further. I realized that it must've been a long time since he last did anything close to this with someone. This might feel a little new to him again. I completely understand him. I guess it's best if we take things slow. I don't want to rush him into anything because I know what he has been through. I know he's still healing from everything that happened to him in the past.

I can wait for him. I'll wait for him until he's ready. Mew's worth waiting for, anyway. 

Author's note:
Consent is very sexy :)