Chapter Ten: Edward Cullen

Lexie Purser

Here I am, laying on my bed. Unable to think straight to everything that has happened tonight. I can't even. I'm unable to even. I have lost the ability to even. I am so unable to even!

"Argh." I groaned as I stood up from my bed. This wouldn't happen if I didn't come here. Nope. Werewolves? How was I supposed to react to that? I actually thought I did a great job with handling the situation, that the guy; im supposedly in love with is a werewolf. I needed some comfort, so I decided to call Jacob. Before Jacob could say hello, I spoke.

"Jacob, it's Alexandra." I said, breathlessly.

"You said your whole name. That's not good." He laughed on the other line.

"Can I come over? I don't know what to think. I need to.. I just."

"I know, I know. You can come over. I'll pick you up." Then he hanged up.

So I guess nows the time for me to get ready. I walked downstairs, and found Sam sitting on the couch watching the football game. I have to keep the secret from him, he might get into danger if he knows about Seth.

"Sam, can I go to Jake's house? We just need to talk." I crossed my fingers hoping he would let me go. But Sam turned around looking like somebody died, or atleast intensly ill.

"Sure, he'll explain everything." Was simply everything he said. I don't know by what he meant by 'he'll explain everything.'

I muttered. "Thanks" not even curious why he would let me go at such a late time. Maybe he trusted Jacob, of course he would trust him. But I shouldn't be allowed outside. Another problem had gathered in my head, that before I started liking Seth; I liked Jacob first.

With a sudden motion, Jacob was by my side.

"What the heck..." I mumbled. I didn't see him there at all. He smiled at me, and took my jacket from the peg. Leading me outside of the house, and into his rabbit. I looked back at Sam, who looked extremely worried. But it wasn't the kind of worry about me being out late all night. It was something else.

"Jake, thank you for taking me away." I looked at him, smiling as hard as I could to hide my emotion.

"That's the first time you called me Jake." He smiled, putting the key on the ignition then twisting it to start the car. "It's kinda nice." He continued.

"You don't have to hide your emotions from me. You're going to be alright, trust me." He said, not even looking at me, he just focused on the road we were in. I glanced at the trees we were passing by, thinking of the moon being so bright outside. Then I heard a howl. A wolfs howl.

I cringed at the sound, reminding me of Seth. Jacob grabbed the top of my head head with his hand, turning it towards him as he smiled. "Don't worry about him. He's okay." He tried encouraging me.

"You're one of them too?" I stared with disbelief.

"Right. He didn't tell you." He paused. "Sam, Embry, Quil, Paul, Jared, Leah, Seth and I are all werewolves." He smiled casually like it was nothing new.

"Okay." This makes things alot more worse, that's why Sam trusts Jacob!

We reached his house, the mud of the soil making it hard to walk to the front door, I was a bit slow so Jacob decided to pick me up. Not that I needed the help. Billy was already waiting for our arrival in the kitchen. I guess he knows
too.

"Im glad we don't have to hide anything from you anymore." He smiled politely. "But be warned not everyone has to know, limited people can know. I guess Seth didn't tell you everything about shape shifters, so it's a good thing you came here. Jacob can tell you everything you need to know." He paused to look at Jacob. "Right son?"