Chapter 11

THE NEXT FEW days were awkward between me and Seri

THE NEXT FEW days were awkward between me and Seri. I followed Herson’s decision to let her decide on her own. Despite that, she knows I’m not fully aboard with her decision not to file a complaint. Mich, on the other hand, was being torn in the middle.

We were still eating lunch and snacks together, yet it was only Mich who’s trying to fill the gaps. It was getting harder for the three of us, I wanted to talk to Seri again and tell her that I’m not gonna push my suggestion anymore.

Surprisingly, Seri went to my condo one night. She said she’s been thinking of what I have said days ago. To my shock, Herson’s advice actually worked!

“I realized that I should also consider your suggestion, Dekko,” Seri said. “I’ve been too focused on myself that I didn’t notice I was making a mistake.”

I held her hand. “You were in a difficult situation, I understand.”

Seri smiled weakly. “I still don’t want to burden my parents with it but I’ll be hiring a secret body guard using my own money. So I’d feel safer and you will be more at ease.”

I hugged her rightafter. “I miss you, Seri! I hate fighting with you.”

“I miss you too, sweetie.”

Tuwang-tuwa si Mich kinabukasan nang malaman niyang ayos na kami ni Seri. At dahil siya raw ang naipit sa gitna, nag-demand siyang ilibre namin siya sa mamahaling restaurant.

“Jusko, bakit ba rito ako nagpalibre? Kakapiranggot ‘tong mga servings eh kamahal naman ng presyo,” nagsisising sabi ni Mich. “Dapat nag-buffet na lang tayo!”

Tumawa si Seri. “That’s why I hate fine-dining, I feel like I’m not getting what I paid for.”

“I’ll treat you guys to McDo after, you like?” I offered.

“”Di ako tatangi dyan, bruha!”

Naging abala kami ng mga sumunod na araw dahil sunod-sunod ang mga activities. Madalas din kaming magkaroon ng quiz sa mga major subjects kaya palagi akong nakakatulog pagkarating sa condo.

Sinisigurado ko namang magpa-alarm para hindi ko makalaimutang dalhan ng pagkain si Snow. At oo na nga…para na rin makita ko ‘yung crush ko.

Ganoon pala ‘yun ‘no? Parang nakakawala ng pagod kapag may inspirasyon ka.

:::

It was a Wednesday when we were finally done with the pending projects and activities. I was able to go home early and not feeling exhausted. It’s been weeks since the last time I baked, so I did a carrot cake this time.

At around nine in the evening, I brought out the cake from my fridge. I remembered that Mang Robert was now on night shift so I prepared three tupperwares—for Fia, Mang Robert and Herson.