For Today

Who would've thought you'd be able to live apart from your parents, especially a country away from them. I mean you were considered a fucking outcast but either way you loved them and they loved you..well in a way.

It's nice to be finally away from everyone, not that you were being bothered it's just that you really don't like the company of your parents..and siblings. They were always awfully quiet but you were used to it being that you were as well awfully quiet but you would always appreciate the small conversations.

Having said that you were moving in by yourself! Isn't is amazing? Oh of course it is.

Ok now back to the topic at hand. You were just moving boxes from your car that you got as a graduation gift from your parents, into the house. You really only had a few stuff you packed, mainly clothes and inventions you had made in the past years you were at college and some picture frames, you never really liked to own so much stuff since you knew you'd get too attached to it at some point that you won't be able to get yourself to throw or give them away.

After moving all five boxes of your belongings into the front room you opened your garage door, revealing a decent sized room for your inventions, you were just gonna leave your car in the driveway knowing that parking that thing inside would be a hassle. Bringing 2 large boxes filled with your inventions into the garage you unpacked those first before heading to your new room just across the garage.

Deciding that since you would be living alone you only purchased a small one story house, well your parents did. You passed by the kitchen and living room arriving to the bedroom with two more boxes in hand,struggling to open the door. Once inside you were greeted with a fairly sized bedroom, it was empty of course, you told your parents not to bother fully furnishing the house thus only buying furniture for the living room.

You set the boxes on the floor and took something out your pocket. It was a small rectangular metal plate with a red button on top. Pressing the button and placing it near the west wall near a small window a white and baby blue bed materialized in front of you. Smiling you picked up one of the boxes and set it on the bed opening it up and taking out a black sports bra and cargo pants of the same color. You quickly undressed tossing your tank top and shorts on the bed and changing into the more comfortable clothes.

You were about to go to your new office for your job. You applied for it a month ago and received it after a virtual interview. You packed your scrubs in your sling bag and wore your lab coat over your outfit.

It was currently 9 am and your shift starts at 10 which gave you enough time to walk from here to there and be able to order a latte. Before leaving you took your blaster and portal gun from inside the garage, just to be sure. You closed and locked the door and went on your way to a café near the office. After getting your latte you walked out of the café and into the building of your new office.

"I umm.. I'm (y/n) (l/n)..and um I'm newly employed and want to know where my office is?" You said shyly at the receptionist as you showed your ID. The receptionist smiled at you politely.

"Welcome then y/n, I'm Tiffany. Tiff for short, you office is at the 5th floor room number 37. Have a good day Dr. (l/n)." Tiff said politely as she closed the record book to where she got the floor and number of your office. You thanked Tiffany and headed to the elevator pressing 5 and waited for your floor.

As you entered your office room there was a group of 5 people was standing there. One was holding a cake while two others held champagne. First they were shocked to see you but quickly and excitedly greeted you welcome popping the bottles of champagne. This made you anxious and sweat as you weren't good with crowds. Now that they also acknowledged you it made you even more anxious almost in a panic state.