Point of View

Y/N's POV

"Good Afternoon Dr. (l/n)." Tiff greeted when I passed by the reception.

"Afternoon Tiff. " I replied with a smile and continued to the elevator, pressing 5 and waited. As soon as I arrived at the floor Ervin was just about to press the button to head down.

"Hey." He greeted and smiled pulling back his hand, I smiled and waved shyly.

"Still shy huh?" He joked and chuckled. I chuckled as well, anxiously rubbing the back of my neck.

"How's everybody d-doing?" I asked. What? I was trying to be friendly, what more do you expect?

"Everyone's doing fine I was just about to grab some coffee. Want one?" Ervin offered to which I politely declined.

"I'm good thank you." I said smiling. Wow I'm smiling a lot today, despite the thing that happened at school. Ervin nodded and pressed the down button for the elevator as I walked away, heading to my office.

I picked up a marker and went straight to the whiteboard, biting on the cap I thought of something to piece together or just to think of something to pass the time.

5 minutes have passed, and I was still calculating on what to do when someone knocked at my door, I turned my head, placing the marker down, Gab was at the door. I know because I didn't bother closing the door.

"Hey Gab. Anything you need?" I asked politely, walking towards the black haired man. He smiled and waved.

"Yeah I'm just seeing if you're doing fine?" Gab politely stated and gestured outside, assuming he wanted me to follow I nod and walked ahead waiting for him to take the lead.

"I'm doing fine honestly. I was just thinking of something to do. Is there like any paperwork that needs to be done here or just invent stuff everyday?" I questioned mindlessly, since there wasn't much people in the tech dept and that there wasn't much room or offices in here. We literally have the floor all to ourselves.

"No we don't have those, not much people really like to built all they want to do is invent by writing shit down, pardon my language, but yeah it's just us I guess." Gab explained while we walked to, what I assume is the break room. He took two mugs off of the cupboard above the sink, handing me one, I happily accept and we both walked towards the coffee maker. Gab poured for both of us, filling up our mugs two thirds of the way. I nodded in thanks.

"Did you just got out of college or what?" Gab asked while he fetch the creamers and sugar from another cupboard.

"I actually graduated at 16, I lived with my parents before I moved here." I answered shyly rubbing the back of my neck once again, thanking him as he set the rectangular basket of creamer and sugar. He had a shocked expression painted on his face for a few seconds before shaking his head with a smile.

"Sorry I just wasn't expecting a prodigy to come work with us in technology." He stated almost in a joking and amazed manner that made me giggle.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked in all curiosity. Why wouldn't people work at a tech office? Seriously? You can let you mind and imagination wander in this department. Explore so many gadgets and shit.

"Guess some people just didn't want to work too hard for money." Gab said almost in a disgusted manner to which made me laugh lightly. He turned to me and smiled.

"Yeah I guess so." I said with a nod pouring two things of creamer and 3 cubes of sugar in my mug.

"You like sweets huh?" Gab said doing the same only less sugary and with one creamer. I chuckled mixing my coffee with a spoon.

"I guess you could say that." I laughed, taking my mug we both walked out the room and into the open space of the floor where three couches where present as well as six end tables one on each sides of the couches and a huge round coffee table in the middle. I gawked in awe as Gab gestured for me to sit. I shook my head and sat down looking around as I placed my mug on the coffee table.

"This place is amazing. It's like a real house!" I exclaimed looking back at Gab who was chuckling profusely. I gave him a 'what' look and he forced himself to stop exhaling heavily.

"It's just good to see you feel at home in the office." He said with a smile, I replied with an ohh and looked around once more. Gab and I talked for about an hour until we finished our coffee. We both stood up to place our mugs in the sink still talking about various topics when Mandy walked in.

"I see you both are getting along well." She greeted with a smile, Gab and I both returned a smiled.

"Yeah I didn't know Gab was social butterfly, but it's nice to talk to someone once in a while." I exclaimed smiling at Gab and Mandy. Mandy laughed at this and walked towards Gab, holding him in a head lock and ruffling his hair. Gab let out ow's of laughter before Mandy let him go. I chuckled placing my mug in the sink turning the faucet on.

"No y/n, I can handle it." Gab claimed moving beside me.

"No it's fine I insist." I said grabbing the sponge and dish soap, scrubbing the mugs.

"Have you been doing good here y/n?" Mandy then asked to which I answered the same response for the second time. Mandy nodded patting my shoulder as she passed to grab a snack from the fridge.

"That's good to hear. Anyway do you have a project in mind? You know, it gets boring in here when the company doesn't have anything for us to built so just keep on doing whatever you want in here as long as it doesn't explode." Mandy joked opening a bag of chips. I laughed drying the mugs and placing them in the drying rack.

"I've been thinking but as of now I still can't decide on what. " I replied, I looked around the room and spotted some candies in a bowl just near Mandy on the kitchen island. Walking up to where Mandy was I leaned on the counter and grabbed a few lolis, I opened one and stuffed the rest in my coat pocket.

"Do you always wear that lab coat?" Gab asked popping a piece of candy in his mouth I chuckled.

"I wear a lab coat on most occasions yes, but I have dozens of pairs in my closet so that's just a little something about me. " I joked laughing afterwards being joined by the two. Just after our laughs subsided Ervin walked in holding a paper cup presumably coffee.

"Did I miss anything?" He greeted throwing the cup in a bin. Mandy shook her head no.

"We're just talking about stuff." I said the lollipop slightly muffling my speech. Ervin hummed in response walking up to me and ruffled my hair.

"That's good to hear kid, at least you aren't as shy and nervous your first day here. Settled in pretty quickly too." Ervin responded pulling his hand from my hair, and I trying to brush it down. Ervin chuckled.

"Well since y/n has some new company I'll go finish my work. Get to know each other well! " Gab bid farewell and headed to his office, probably.

"So since your new here and your legally allowed to drink why don't the team invite you to drink later after. The six of us can have a proper and fun welcoming party. " Ervin offered and Mandy agreed to what he said so of course I took in the invite.

"Great! Will all walk there together I know a great place." Ervin winked making Mandy and I laugh.

"Well then maybe I should head to my office think of something to do to pass time, I'll see you all later." With a wave I walked back to my office grabbing my marker I wrote down whimsical equations to improve my cable tv. All those earth channels where boring and thinking about how Rick got those alien shows made me inspired to overthrow his. I'll need to get a couple of Crystalized Xanthenite. Wish me luck, tch who needs luck when you're as smart as me?