"Friend"

Rick was...

Rick was fucking drunk. Well no shit, he just took a swig from his flask what more do you expect. But as you looked closer you see his organs not even a pinch damaged and looked normal healthy even. Not only that but his brain scan was practically over the edge, telling you he was a genius as well, but this still didn't inform you of how much he was. Maybe he was as smart as you or smarter, who fucking knows?

Only thing you do know was that this made you very, very anxious and nervous and panic and you feel like you were gonna pass out. But before you had a chance to Rick spoke.

"Did you *ureph* really build that?" He said pointing at the visor, you swallowed a bump you didn't knew formed in your throat.

"I-uhh.. I only helped a f-friend.. umm.. I only did t-the design. " You said still unsure if you wanted the bunch to know you were some sort of genius, this probably because you were afraid if they'd knew that treat you differently. You knew how you act and look, all the more reason for them to push you away after this and if they'd knew you were a smart ass.

"Can I look at that for a b-bit?" Rick said shoving a hand to you opening his palm. You nodded and placed the visor in his awaiting hand.

He took it and examined it for a brief moment before handing it back to you.

"Friend did a g-good job at that." Rick said placing his hands inside his pockets and took his seat. You did the same and nodded sheepishly.

"S-so you friend's a g-genius too?" Morty said breaking the awkward silence as Beth sat back down handing everybody a bowl.

"Y-yeah we wanted t-to make one final project b-before he left for college. " You said still trying to fabricate a story on how your 'friend' and you made a visor... Yeah you were that desperate for friends apparently.

"So who's your friend? I bet he's a sweetheart just like you, scratch the screaming just a while ago." Beth giggled at the last part and served herself a bowl of mac n cheese she went to put some on yours and waved your hand.

"It's fine Beth I can do it, you don't have to work yourself up, I hope it tastes good." You said and took the pasta spoon from her with a smile and as she returned one herself sitting back down.

"His name's Jhay-ar. He was like a brother to me, we did a lot of stuff together and got along well. It was nice, up until he had to live for college and I eventually moved here." You weren't lying when Jhay-ar left for college and that you spent a lot of time he was you brother after all. The only one that acted like a family member to you. You appreciated that and missed it too.

As you finished serving yourself mac n cheese you handed the spoon to Rick who was looking at you suspiciously, you were practically sweating but shrugged and composed yourself as best as you could.

"But it's all good, he promised that when he graduates he'll come find me and we can catch up again, might live with me too he said. " You said and smiled at the memory. Just one more year and you'll be back into your brother's arms as the two of you travel the universe once more.

"You sound more li*ureph*like a couple than just friends." Rick retorted, you rolled your eyes at this. It was true people thought you were more of a couple than siblings the way you too would hug after an accomplishment and the way you act around each other, made people think other wise. The two of you were inseparable and the rumors or whispers going around would make the two of you laugh so hard your stomachs ache and tears flowed down your eyes.

Giggling at the memory you waved a hand in Rick's direction.

" I assure you Rick Sanchez, we aren't that way...you don't have to be jealous." You joked, it surprised you that you already felt comfortable enough to joke around and tease especially the other genius much smarter than you probably. The others around the table giggled along as Rick glared at you, and shot an apologetic smile at him to which he rolled his eyes, looking down his bowl and grumbled to himself as he took a bite of your mac n cheese.

He froze and look over to you once again. You raised a brow as something urged you to look around the table. Everybody else was staring at you wide eyed.

"D-did I say something... Wrong?" You mumble and fidgeted with your thumbs, your nervous self coming out once again.

"N-no. It's just, this is soooo good!" Summer exclaimed as she took another bite the others agreeing with her with "yeah"s and nods as they followed along her devouring the rest of your cooking. This made you calm down and giggle taking your own bites of the dish. You looked over to Rick, still staring at you.

Raising a brow, he realized he was still staring and snapped his head back down his bowl, a pink flush brushed his cheeks as he continued to eat, confused you went back to eating chuckling as the others chowed down your dish.

"It is good." Rick whispered for you to hear, when you looked over, Rick was smiling a little. Flashing a smile of thanks he nods and finished his bowl of mac n cheese, taking his bowl and plate to the sink he thanked Beth for cooking dinner and you for the mac n cheese, you smiled wider at this.

When Rick took off into the garage you couldn't help but feel curious gazes surround you, looking around you saw the four looking at you confused as if they wanted to say something but afraid to.

"W-what?" You said, voice shaky. Morty shook his head and smiled at you.

"N-nothing. R-Rick doesn't u-usually p-pay attention to others n-nor does he a-act kind e-enough to thank some-someone." Morty said scratching his arm with the other as he look up at you. He was a few inches shorter that you, you just noticed this after he stood up. But what Morty said made you all the more confused and daze.

"What?" You asked again, the only word you could only muster out.

"Well his kind of a dick." Summer said plainly as she focused her attention to her phone.

"I heard that you dipshits!" Rick shouted from the garage making you giggle.

"Might be the only time." You said in between giggles Beth and Morty followed suit as Summer and Jerry walked out presumably to the living room.

"You can stay over if you'd like, get to know the each other a bit more. " Beth suggested to which you smiled and nodded.

"Sure that'll be nice I'll go run home and get some stuff head back here after. " You said and walked towards the front door Beth leading you to it.

"I'll count on it see you sooner than later." Beth joked as she opened the door for you. You thanked her and headed back home.

They were nicer than I thought.