Dissapointment

"Can you tell me how I even ended up coming here?"
Gabriel chuckled while looking down at the ground as we walked to the football field.

"Crawford, why you act like that? You've been here for less than a week and I feel like I know you better than you think."

"What is that supposed to mean?"
Another chuckle from him. Not sure if to call him mysterious or I'm just so predictable.
Of course. He probably lied to me about Vanessa being here. He just wanted some company.

"Actually, Crawford, I wanted you to come to your first pep rally of the this school. You know, get comfortable with the school."

"You sure you didn't just mentioned Vanessa's name just so I could just join you? You know I have an occasion to attend to."

"You know," he said while taking a seat on a bench, "you wouldn't have ditched that special occasion if you didn't have something important to do."

This dude said it so calmly like I just didn't promised someone a favor.
I sat beside him checking the time on my phone constantly, just to make sure I get home on time before my sister starts with her music project. At this point I was regretting coming with Gabriel. The pep rally hasn't even started yet.

All I could say is, "Oh yeah? Like what?"

I was bothered at this point. But that's when I saw Gabriel, once again, have that stupid grin on his face and looked towards my direction, but above me.
"What?"
That's when I quickly turned around to see what he was facing behind me.
"Her."
In that instant, I froze after I saw her sitting down with her big headphones over her ears and looking so concentrated on her sketching.
Damn. I guess Gabriel wasn't the only one with a stupid smile on his face, huh?
Dude, it felt like time stopped or the time was on slow-motion.

"Go say something to her," said Gabriel as he gave me a light slap on the shoulder with the back of his hand.
I was speechless. I mean I dated girls in my past life, but no girl made me feel this type of way.
So, I grabbed my backpack, hovered it over my shoulders, and stood up, heading towards her.

And there went my chance...
A random guy just sat beside her. Literally before I walked towards her. I guess I was a few seconds late.
I was just standing there, looking at her talk with that loser.
She laughed with him.
I mean, what does he have that I don't?
Not to be mean or anything, but I got better hair than he does. Plus my clothes style is way better than his baggy, blue jeans that's 2 sizes bigger than his and that plain, light blue T-shirt. I mean, c'mon. The outfit is all blue and don't even match. Not to mention, nothing he wears is named brand.

I turned over to Gabriel with my mad face due to the thoughts racing through my head.
He gave me a "Sorry, man" look.
I decided to just leave from school all upset.
I don't own a car like my brother, Chris, so I started walking since I'm left with no choice.
It was a long walk so I got home late.
SHOOT! I forgot about Kirsten's music video and how I agreed to help out.

As soon as I opened the front door of the house, I opened it slowly, hoping no one heard or saw me. Then I tried making my way upstairs by walking lightly so I wouldn't make creaking sounds while going up the stairs.
Bet. No one's home.
Or..... that's what I thought until I found Karisma and Chris were in my room, both sitting on my bed with their arms crossed and in disappointment.
"Bro, where were you man? Kirsten kept everyone waiting just for you to show up late," Chris said while quickly get up from my bed and getting closer to my face.
Karisma, still with her hands crossed, looked at Chris and then at me with her serious face. "Yeah, Crawford. Most of the producers left and got tired of waiting. It didn't make Kirsten look professional."
Chris backed up from me and asked, "What were you doing that was so important that you had miss your own sister's project."
he then sat down again and crossed his arms looking eager for my response.
"First off, you aren't my dad so stop acting like it," I said as I tried to keep my ego.
Chris then said, "I may not be, but you're part of it as much as we all are. This is a career, dude."
Karisma also added, "You also came home late. What's that about?"
"Shut up, mom," I said while turning my back at them.
Chris quickly grabbed me by my sweater to make me face him.
He wanted to fight.
"Watch how you talk to your sister befor—"
"Before what, Chris? Bet you won't do it," I dared him.
Karisma jumped in with worried in her voice, "Guys quit it. Chris, just stop. It's not worth it. Let's just get back to Kirsten and help her with what we can."
Chris slowly let go off my sweater while Karisma grabbed his arm and led him to leave the room.
He kept staring at me while leaving.

As soon as they left, I closed my door and sat on my gaming chair by my desk to cool down.
I lay down my backpack and took my sweater off. I almost got heated. I sometimes feel like the world is testing my patients.

My family has always been the type to stick together on whatever goes on. That also means to start a career together even if that wasn't your plan. My parents loved making music of their own and thought it was a great idea to pass it on to their children. The only talented ones in the family is Kirsten and Chris with their voices. Karisma told me she don't see music being part of her career. If anything, she wants to be a model.
Both my older brother and sister already released so many songs individually and together that turned out to become successful.
I'm glad for them, but I'm gonna disappoint them if I told them I want to just make Youtube Videos for fun.

I started hearing music from the basement and could feel the vibrations from drums and guitars.
I went downstairs and got closer to the basement.
I could hear Kirsten, Chris, and Karisma singing without me. The song itself is beautiful, but I hate how I disappointed them.
I'm not the type of person to hold myself responsible for my actions because I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone. No one would understand and it's no one else's business but mine.