New Years Special- Day 5 of the 1 month waiting

Nezi's POV

Over here, Akemashita-omedetougozaimasu means Happy new year. But rough english? It's Opening, Congratulation

I laid on my bed.... Do we have any New years here? Now that I think about it, I was soooo busy with clan duties or going on a mission, a week or less before New years eve and come back just 2 days after new years end.

I gathered my resolution to go and find Dad. I stood up and head towards his room. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Tou-san?" I asked.(A/N: Eh, I am going on ahead with Tou-san) Since because we need to have manners, we don't knock like in the western, we have shoji door (A/N: I just learnt what a shoji is when U accidentally called shogi and shoji and souji meaning/ a thing from order, a game that the Naras like to play, Shoji is a sliding door made of wood and paper and souji means cleaning)

We first get onto our knees and bow low and call out the name. 

"Come in" The muffled voice came. I still got my head done slightly as I opened the door, I looked up and saw him reading a book near a table with short legs... Apparentally, this is the traditional table. They just call it table only. We don't have coffee here so we don't call it a coffee table.

"Tou-san?" I asked again for comfirmation if I may proceed. He nodded at me after he bookmarked his book.

".... Is there any event today?" I asked. He blinked at me and doubled up laughing. I pouted. I had to make sure that I don't say New years when I didn't even have to ask

"You ask me that is there an event today? Even though you make up those holidays of your own?" He asked laughing

"Tou-san!! That was mean" I whined childishly.

"Yes. There is. Its called New years. Happy New year, my little bird" He said.... now I get it!!! Little bird is just like the caged seal. And how people refer to the Hyūga branch members as birds trapped in its cage. 

"Uh...Happy New year?" I faked a question.

"And you do realize that I was forced to not participate in those events as I was either mastering the jutsus or I was given a mission just before that time and came back AFTER the New years end right?" I asked with a closed eyes. I opened my eyes as he chuckled sheepishly.

"Well, If you excuse me, I will be getting Ree right now" I said and he nodded. I bowed and closed the Shoji.

I got up from my knees and just as I was about to leave I was called again. I sat down on my knees and got ready to bow again when Tou-san said

"You don't have too, Just come in!"

I went inside and I saw him standing up.

"You are going to the festival, yes? -I nodded- Good. I have prepared a Yukata for you.. but I am not sure about your friend" He said

"Don't worry!! She'll get one of hers. She buys a new kimono every time if it doesn't fit, which is like, once in 2-3 years" I said.

"Okay." He said and led me towards a room. We walked a left, straight ahead then turned right. Man, there are a lot of doors. We stopped in front of a door and he told me to wait outside which I obeyed. He came back with the most beautiful Yukata I have ever seen from here. Wow, looks silky

"It was your mother's" He said with a fond smile. I looked at it with disbelieve.... Wow, and all these years, it was maintained well

I took the Yukata with care and thanked my father before running off to my room to fit into these clothes. I admired myself in the mirror. Ooo lala. (A/N: I can't find the exact image in my mind)