Chapter 2: Heading into Town

No one's POV

Y/n walks down the stairs, yawning tiredly while stretching his arms out. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, a strong whiff of breakfast hits his nose. A small smile grew on his lips as he heads to the kitchen. When he got there, he saw his mother setting a plate of breakfast on the table in front of his younger brother, who was playing on his phone.

"Morning." Was all y/n said as he took a seat at the table.

"Sup." His younger brother says dryly before taking a bite of his breakfast.

"Morning, hunny." Y/n's mother greets. "Want some breakfast?"

"What are we having?"

"Just some waffles. Need to go to the store later today."

"Alright." Y/n says. His mother went into the kitchen to get y/n's food as he turns his attention to his brother. "How'd you sleep last night?"

"Meh." Was all his brother said before trying to eat his breakfast and play on his phone at the same time.

Y/n shrugs. "Same. Not used to this place yet."

"Well duh." His brother says, not looking at y/n. "You only slept here for one night, dumbass."

"I-..." Y/n glares at his brother, fighting the urge to slap him. But he manages to control himself and instead sighs. "Forget it, Jacob..."

"Okay."

The two boy's mother sets a plate of waffles in front of y/n. "Here you go."

"Thanks." Y/n says before eating.

His mom sat down at a third chair. She couldn't help but smile a little seeing her sons eating at the table.

"Mom." Y/n says after finishing one waffle. "When will the rest of our stuff be here?"

"I'm not sure. I think sometime this afternoon."

"Alright. Is it okay if I can go check out town for a bit?"

"What for?" His mother tilts her head a little.

Y/n shrugs. "No particular reason. Just want to explore for a bit. See what's new and all that."

"I see..." His mother thinks about it for a moment. "...I don't see why not." She eventually says. "Just don't stay out too long."

"I know, mom." Y/n sat up from his chair, finished eating his breakfast. "We know I can take care of myself. Besides, I'll only be gone for a few hours."

Y/n pulls out a bottle of pills from his pocket. He took off the cap and tosses a pill in his mouth before chugging his entire glass of water. After, he sets both the bottle and cup on the table before jogging to the front door. "I'll probably be gone till three because I'll be walking the whole way."

"Okay, but don't forget-!" His mom tried to get y/n's attention, but he yells over her words.

"Love you. Later!" Y/n ran out of the door but closes it behind him.

"...Your wallet..." His mother mutters as she heard the door slam shut. "..." Knowing she can't call y/n to come back, she lets out a sigh. "Oh dear..."

"He probably already knows, mom." Y/n's mother heard Jacob tell her.

"Hmm?" She turns her head to her second son, who was playing on his phone.

"He probably knew you were going to say yes, so that's why he didn't go back to his room."

"How do you know?"