Chapter 5: Feathers and Roses

Y/n's POV

'What...the hell is happening...?' I thought.

Right now I was sitting on the couch of the living room. My mom, two teenage girls, and their moms were in the living room as well, chatting. Well, more like all three of our moms were chatting, as me and the two younger girls were sitting on the couch, watching our moms. I believe their names were...Ruby and Yang...? I dunno, never been good with remembering names. The one in yellow had headphones in her ears while spacing out listening to music as the little one in red was awkwardly looking around the room, probably because she doesn't like getting into conversations like me.

I turn my gaze to the floor, feeling my eyelids getting heavy. I just sat in silence, partly because I'm too exhausted from that fight and because I'm not a talkative guy. I rub my face with my hand, trying to wake myself up.

'It's too noisy.' I thought. I let out a quiet sigh. I need fresh air. Being around this many women is a real pain in the ass.

Without saying another word, I got up from the couch and walk to the kitchen. There I slide the back door to step in the backyard before shutting it behind me. I rest by back against the wall next to the door and took a deep breath, holding it for a second, before letting it go.

"Much better..." I mumble.

I stayed here for some time, enjoying the peace and quiet. But as I stared into the distance, I noticed that I could barley see tips of some of the taller buildings in the city over the fence.

"..."

Jacob's lucky he can hideout in his room. Mom made me stay downstairs to 'chat' with our guests. And yet she did all the talking with the other moms as us teens were awkwardly sitting on the couch.

'Good grief...'

I let my mind wonder off into space. The memory of a few minutes ago replayed in my mind.

Flashback

"Hey, y/n! It's been a while!" A blonde teenager around my age waves to me. Right next to her was a younger girl with red tipped hair stood unsure upon seeing me.

Behind them were two older women

Behind them were two older women. Honestly, they looked almost identical to the two teenagers.

"Y/n." Mom said, breaking me out of my thoughts. "You remember the Rose and Branwen families, right?"

"I..."

No one's POV

Two women who looks to be in their mid forties stood beside Samantha. The one on her right stood tall and was the tallest out of the three. She had long, pitch black hair that went all the way of her back and crimson red eyes. She looks the palest out of the trio. She wore a black leather jacket over a red shirt, revealing her large breasts. She also wore a black collar around her neck. She wore brown-ish leather pants and black boots. Her arms were folded under her arms, giving her a tough look.