Chapter 3: First Day Back

Y/n's POV

It's been a little over half an hour, I think, since I started to make my way over to the city. Not entirely sure as I don't own a phone nor did I check the time before leaving. All I had was my wallet and a thin notebook to take notes on what changed in the city. But, whatever.

I was currently riding in a public bus. I'm staring out of the window next to me to watch as I come closer and closer to the city. I was sure it would've taken over an hour for me to get to the city by foot, so I decided to try taking the bus. And thankfully I did as the bus was cheaper than I expected.

Throughout the entire ride I was busy trying to remember all of my childhood memories I had in this city. But because my family and I fled from them when I was extremely young, it's kinda hard to remember anything. Not to mention the fact that half of my time living in this city was a nightmare...

But moving on. From what I can recall, I believe this city had an amusement park, a pier, a couple of large parks, and... A sudden imagine of "big brother" with his smug grin flashes in my mind. All around him were flames as they rise into the night. Behind him was that giant black...thing, towering behind him.

"Damnit..." I mutter before shutting my eyes closed. Can't really remember very well without him always being there. I growl in frustration while scratching the side of my neck in irritation.

I could feel the bus slowing down. I blink twice before realizing I reached the city. I got up from my chair and payed for the ride before jumping out of the bus. When I did I noticed we've stopped at a street across a massive park about the size of a block or two. Most of the place was grass as people can bring their families or dogs to play, with a small playground across from me. I believe there's a beautiful fountain near the center of the park and there's a few spots filled with trees so people can hang out in the shade to avoid the heat.

"Hmm..." I hum.

I stare at the park in silence. I feel like I've been here before. After a minute or two of thinking, it hits me like a truck. Old memories flash in my mind. I remember playing together with a handful of childhood friends of mine from school. Though I don't really remember what they look like or what their names were. Their faces were a blank to me. But I believe two boys were named Jackson and...David? I'm not entirely sure. Though I'm sure that this park was a place we would sometimes hang out or play in when we were off from school with a couple of other kids from school. We would often do normal things as kids, which made me let out a soft chuckle when remembering the old days.

The sound of a crying child broke me out of my thoughts. I saw a child on his ass, crying, for some reason. I saw his dad running to him to help him up.

'Well...that kinda killed the moment...' I thought.

I turn around was about to walk away but accidentally bump into someone's shoulder. I stumble out of their way as they don't even seemed bothered at all.

"Sorry..." I mutter.

The man stops walking, but doesn't bother to turn to me. His clothes look old and worn out, much like the side of his face that I can see. "Hmp. You better be..." I could barley hear the man mutter. I heard him spit on the ground, probably to agitate me.

"..." I don't reply. I simply stare at him before turning away. 'Guess this city isn't as friendly as I thought it was...' I thought.

As I walk away from him, I softly dug my hands into my pockets. Thankfully my wallet was still in my pocket, so I don't need to beat the shit out of that guy. Although...