Chapter 7: First Encounter

(Edit as of September 21st, 2020: I didn't mean to unpublished this chapter and didn't realize it until now. Sorry, everyone.)

(Attention! If this chapter felt a little rushed in some areas, I apologize! My power went out today and I got pissed as I was near finish with writing. But now it's a little late and I'm tired. I was debating whether or not to wait to publish till tomorrow, but I'll be busy then. So if you find some areas rushed, that's why. I hope you understand. If people don't enjoy this chapter, I'll take it down and edit it. Thank you.)

No one's POV

After getting ready for the day, y/n walks downstairs to the kitchen. There, he found his mother sitting at the kitchen table, reading something on her phone while drinking a cup of coffee.

"Morning." Y/n greets as he walks behind Samantha and hugs her, causing her to place her phone on the table while growing a warm smile and chuckle.

"Good morning, hun. Sleep well?" She asks as y/n went to the fridge to find something to eat.

"Somewhat." Y/n opens the fridge and searches through to find anything. "Is Jacob up yet?"

"Don't believe so. I think he's sleeping in." Samantha replies before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Got it." Y/n says as he pulls out a yogurt. He quickly ate it before throwing it away in the trash. He pulls out his medicine bottle and grabs a pill before walking to the sink. "Got the list ready?"

Samantha nods. "Yes. This is what I could think of last night for any essential items we need." She says as she pulls out a piece of paper out of her pocket and places it on the table as she heard y/n turn the sink on. "You sure you want to do this so early? Going in an hour or two would probably be-."

"It's fine, mom." Y/n interrupts as he had a glass cup in one hand and his pill in the other. He quickly tosses the pill into his mouth and chugs the cup in one go. He puts the cup in the sink before sighing. "It's better if I do it now than later. I can start looking for a jogging route when I get home." He walks towards the table before grabbing the piece of paper and places it in his pocket.

"Very well, son. I understand." Samantha replies. "Just be safe, okay?"

Y/n groans. "I know, mom. I'll be fine."

Before Samantha could reply, y/n gently pecks his mother's cheek before jogging out of the house. "Later!"

"Love you!" Samantha yells over the door opening before closing. When she heard the door lock, she sighs. "You need to learn to relax, son..." She mutters before going back to what she was doing earlier.

Y/n's POV

I believe it's been a little over an hour since I left home. I had a little bit of trouble finding a bus to take as all I could find were school busses, but I eventually found a normal bus that took me to the city. I don't start school until Tuesday so I just ignore the school ones for now.

Now that I think about it, today is Friday, so tomorrow I meet up with that one woman, Tuesday is when I start school again, and in a few days I head back to that one convenient store to hopefully get my job.

'Great...' I thought sarcastically. 'Can't have a break, can I?'

Whatever. I shook the thought out when I felt the bus stop. I was one of the first people to step out of the bus and began to walk around for a bit to find the nearest supermarket. I look down at the list and began to read what we need. Some of the things were basic foods like eggs, milk, cereal, etc. Some other stuff were non-food items like paper plates, batteries, and an extension cord.