Chapter 6: Restarting Life

No one's POV

Y/n was walking through the city, hands in pockets. He had an emotionless expression on his face as he looks around the stores he pass by.

'What the hell?' He thought. 'Why can't I find a single store that needs hiring?'

It's been a few days since y/n first came into town. Ever since that day he's been busy either helping unpack everything into his family's new home or walking aimlessly in the city to find work. He's managed to unpack everything with Inferno's help, but hasn't has any luck with finding a job.

'Good grief...' He thought.

Y/n's POV

I've been walking for about three hours today. All I've done is walk aimlessly to find a decent job to start working at. Though unfortunately I haven't found anything, pissing me off. Does this city seriously have no place to work at?

I sigh. Being frustrated won't help me find any work. In fact, it'll probably make me blinded and miss something. So, I need to relax a bit.

"Just stop by whenever on Saturday and we can start working

"Just stop by whenever on Saturday and we can start working. And maybe I can find a way to repay you when we're done." The woman's voice from a few days ago echos in my mind as her beautiful face flashes in my head.

"..." I shake my head. Thinking about her like a pervert won't help me relax.

Last I saw her was Monday. It's been two days since then, and she said she wanted help on Saturday. So, that gives me a few more days to find a place to work at.

'I still can't believe I instinctively agreed to help...'

I stop walking. I look to my left and saw a convenient story next to me. I was about to keep walking when I heard my stomach growl.

'Damnit...forgot to eat lunch...But...I guess taking a moment to grab something to eat and drink won't hurt...'

I turn and head for the door. As I was about to step inside however, I catch something in the corner of my eyes.

"Huh...?" I turn my head to my left and saw an empty sidewalk. "..." I look around the place to see if I might spot something unusual, but found nothing. 'Strange...I could of sworn I saw...'

The sound of my stomach growling louder broke me out of my thoughts. I look down before shrugging, thinking it must have been my imagination. I turn back to the store and walk in. I walk pass the cashier and begun to walk around the store for a bit and try to find something cheap but good to eat. There's bags of chips, donuts for a dollar each, candy, etc. Some of them sound pretty good, but I try not to eat as much junk food as I can. So I circled the store's stuff for a bit.