Chapter 4

Mew was sitting on the sofa of his office, taking a sip of his favorite red wine, when Bright came barging in through the door looking all mad and outraged.

"What the fuck was that, Mew?" Bright shouted. "You fucking kissed that boy!"

Mew wasn't even bothered by his tantrum. He simply took another sip of his wine, put his glass down on a small table by the sofa and looked at Bright, expressionless.

"So what if I kissed him?" he said, provoking him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Bright rake his fingers through his hair, pulling at it frustratingly. "Are you even listening to yourself? He's our hostage, Mew! You're not supposed to kiss a hostage!"

Mew sighed, standing up from the sofa and strode over towards the window, staring out into the night.

"I know," he said. "I don't know what's gotten into me, I couldn't think straight. I guess I was just longing to have that kind of feelings with someone again."

"No, stop. Get yourself back together. You knew what happened the last time you had feelings for someone," Bright said and walked over to stand beside him, putting his hand on his shoulder. He looked at Mew's face, hoping to see that he had come back to his senses but he saw none. "No one is safe with us Mew. I think you of all people would know that best. So, just stop."

Mew just stood there, listening to his friend without giving any respond. He knew he shouldn't have done what he did but his heart was telling him a different story, that it was okay, that this time he wasn't going to let the same thing happen again, but as what he had told Gulf in that room earlier, he shouldn't make a promise he can't keep. After a few minutes of silence, Mew turned and walked away from the window towards his table and took his phone, dialing a number, ignoring Bright like he was just his shadow.

"I have to call Saint to tell him we have his brother."

Bright sighed and just shook his head at his friend's stubbornness as he headed towards the door to leave the room. There was no point of him being there if Mew was only going to ignore whatever he said.

.....

'I had left the bag of money at the place you'd stated. Now leave my brother alone,' Saint texted after he had left the bag of money beside a blue metal rubbish bin in front of a hardware store as instructed. He sat in his car, hiding in the dark as he watched from afar, waiting for someone to come and snatch the bag away. He was supposed to split the money with Mew just like how they had planned but instead of doing so, he took off with all the money. He wouldn't have done it if he wasn't threatened by someone who called himself 'Shadow'. Two weeks earlier, he had been taken from his own house, dragged into a van and was brought to an abandoned building. 

"Let me go!" Saint trashed around in the chair that he was tied to. There were a few people surrounding him, all wearing a black hoodie and he couldn't make out any of their faces as the room didn't have enough lights and their faces were hidden under the hood over their heads.

As he was trashing and kicking around, trying to loosen the ropes that was binding him, someone wearing the same black hoodie came approaching him. The rest seemed to step aside to make way for him and guessing from the gesture Saint thought he must have been the leader.

"What do you want from me?" He growled as the man leaned down closer towards him. He was wearing a mask to cover his face and when he spoke his voice sounded weird and robotic, like he was using a voice changer.

"My name is Shadow. You don't need to know much about me. All I want is for you to pay me back the money that your dead parents owed me."

Saint frowned in confusion. As far as he knew, his parents had never owed money from anyone like him or been involved in any kind of illegal act.

Stockholm Syndrome (MewGulf AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara