Chapter 8

"Hello, Bright. I'm Shadow and nice to meet you," he said, carving an eerie smile on his lips that spelled trouble.

Bright's brows furrowed. Somehow the name seemed to ring a bell but he couldn't quite grasped it. Then, it hit him. He was the one Mew was talking about, the one Saint had given the money to.

"So you're Shadow," Bright growled, his grip tightened around the gun. "I've heard so much about you."

Shadow chuckled. "Well, that just makes things easy, isn't it?"

"What do you want? You've already got your fucking money."

Shadow strode over towards Bright until they were eye to eye, pushing Bright's gun away slowly with his hand as he closed the distance between them. "Yes and no." Bright frowned at his answer. "True, I got the money but apparently the money that Saint gave me was fake!"

"What?" Bright said.

"I don't like it when people tried to deceive me you know, especially when I've kept my promise to not hurt his precious little brother if he gave me the fucking money."

"Then, what has it got anything to do with me?" Bright asked, eyes not blinking as he stared straight into Shadow's.

A half devilish smile crept onto his lips as he walked back towards Win, squatting down next to him and pulled Win's face up by his chin, triggering Bright's anger.

"Don't fucking touch him!" Bright shouted, lifting the gun again in front of him and aimed it at Shadow, his finger wrapped around the trigger, ready to pull it anytime.

Shadow looked at Bright over his shoulder and smirked. "If you want him back safe and sound, I need you to bring Saint's little brother to me."

"Gulf," Bright muttered.

"I know he's living in that mansion with you, guarded by all those men always following him around so I figured it's going to be hard if I were to take him. I know how hard it is to win against Mew Suppasit and his gang. But luckily I managed to dig up some information and found something that I can use against you to make you obey my orders."

"You little piece of sh---"

Shadow pulled out his own pistol from the back of his pants, pressing the metal to Win's temple and pulled the hammer with a click. "Gulf or he's dead. Your choice."

Win closed his eyes shut, his body was shivering from head to toe, scared to his bones. Two pair of guns were pointed to his head now and one move could easily blow his head to pieces. His hands were still tied in front of him and there was not much he could do except to pray that his Phi would save him from this nightmare. Bright saw how terrified Win was, adding on to the pressure. How was he supposed to choose between saving his Nong and betraying his own gang? There was no way he would betray Mew after all he did for him but if he doesn't Win would be as good as dead.

"Clock's ticking, Bright," Shadow said mockingly. He slightly pushed Win's head with the gun, making him whimper just to provoke Bright even more.

"Fine! Fine! I'll do it!" Bright gave in, letting his hands fall to his side. He couldn't stand looking at Win shaking and scared for his life,  knowing he couldn't do anything to save Win then but to accept Shadow's offer. "But how do I know you'll keep your promise?"

Shadow let out a dark chuckle as he strode back to Bright. "I'm a man of my word. You don't have to worry about that." He said before gesturing for his men to take Win away. Win tried to break free from the hands that was gripping his arms, dragging him away but when he looked at Bright who gave him a slight nod, telling him that it's going to be okay, he calmed a little and let himself be carried like a rag-doll.