Chapter 10

"Ai Tong! What the fuck are you doing here?!"

Tong held on Mew's hand that was grabbing on his collar, afraid that it might go to his neck and choke him to death. "MーMew, IーI..."

"How dare you set foot in this town again after what you did!" Mew screamed, starting to attract everyone's attention. "I thought you were dead!"

Gulf saw that everyone started looking and pointing at them and murmured something to each other.

"Mew, stop. Everyone's looking at us," Gulf said, putting his hands on Mew's shoulder, trying to pull him away from Tong. The other waiters also had came between them trying to pry them apart but to no avail. After a few moments of giving Tong a death glare, Mew eventually let go of his collar with a slight push.

"Mew..." Gulf squeezed Mew's arm a little harder to try to calm his rage down when he noticed that Mew was still shooting daggers at Tong. When Mew felt the pressure on his arm, his anger cooled down a little and he broke the glare from Tong, looking back at Gulf who had a concerned face plastered on his face. He looked around and only then he realized that he had created a commotion and gained everyone's attention. With one last glare at Tong, he grabbed Gulf's wrist and stormed out of the fancy restaurant and into their car. Without a single word, he started the engine and revved away onto the roads, driving off like an F1 racer, brows furrowed and eyes focused on the road ahead. Gulf had to hold on to whatever he could reach for his dear life, scared that he might flew off the car with every turn Mew took eventhough he was already safely buckled to his seat. He tried telling Mew a few times to slow down but his words only fell onto deaf ears.

A ride that was supposed to be 30 minutes only took them 15 minutes to reach home. Only when Mew had parked his car and cut the engine that Gulf was able to breathe again, glad that both of them were still alive. After his breathing was stable again Gulf looked at Mew who had kept his grip on the wheels a little too tight now that his knuckles had turned white. Gulf saw the tense in his eyes and felt to urge to comfort him so without a second thought he took Mew's hand, holding it in his and rubbing circles on the back of Mew's hand with his thumb. It wasn't much but it managed to calm Mew's tension to a whole lot better.

Mew lifted his gaze from his hand to Gulf's eyes and he could see that there was still a glimpse of worry in them but he was still able to muster up a comforting smile. Mew immediately softened and felt bad about what happened. He didn't mean for all that to happen and to burst into an outrage in front of the public like that but he just couldn't stand the sudden presence of Tong in his life again. And just because he had lost control of his emotions, their beautiful night was ruined.

"I'm sorry, na," Mew apologized softly, bringing his other hand up to caress Gulf's face, eyes still locked on each other. "I didn't expect it to be like this."

"It's okay Mew, you don't have to apologize," Gulf replied, placing his hand on top of Mew. "Right now, I'm just worried about you. If you don't mind me asking, what happened back there? Why do you hate that guy so much?"

Hearing that question, Mew's brows knitted back together and he looked away as his anger started fuming again. Gulf saw that and he apologized immediately, wondering maybe he shouldn't have asked that.

"IーI'm sorry. I shouldn't put my nose into your business like that..." Gulf took his hands off and started to turn away but Mew pulled him back towards him, holding his hands as if he wouldn't want to ever let go.

"No, it's okay." He took a deep breath and tried to keep his anger and emotions in check before he started telling Gulf the whole story. Gulf was already part of his world now so he deserved to know. Gulf waited and when Mew found his eyes again he gave Mew and encouraging look.