Cherry Battery [BH Pt.3]

Junxi spit out her lemonade and bursted out into laughter.

"What are you? An alien?"

Keran punched her arm and looked at me "what are you then Xichen?..." she asked quietly.

"I'm an Android."

"Yeah right! Those things cost hundreds of thousands of dollars! They wouldn't send one to a shit hole town like this one!" Junxi scoffed jokingly.

"Now that I think of it. Look around at her apartment, Junxi...She lives In the richest and nicest area in town." Keran stated.

"True....Then- Prove it!" She sternly looked at me with her arms crossed.

I sighed, took off my shirt and turned around.

"There should be a button on the left side of my lower back. Press it."

Keran pressed it and they looked in confusion.

"Nothing hap- OH MY FUCKING GOD" Keran screamed.

"What happened?"

"HER FACE DISAPPEARED"

"WHAT?!"

"IT OPENED" Keran screamed.

"Let me see!" Junxi turned me around and then proceeded to scream. They could probably hear her screams all the way in Canada.

"Yes my face plate opened....because like I told you, I'm an Android."

"How do I know you're not some secret spy?" Junxi said, joking again.

"Would a secret agent do this?" I kicked her in the butt and sat on her before putting my face back in.

"Wow....this is really....weird" Keran stepped back a bit.

Meanwhile, Junxi and I were wrestling on the couch.

I pinned her to the couch and watched her struggle.
"That's no fair! You are artificially strong!"

Junxi pushed me off and I hit my elbow off the floor.

"Owwwwiieeeee" I whined and hit Junxi on the shoulder.

"You can feel that?"

"Of course I can. I'm a robot not a ceiling fan."

"You're bleeding." Junxi and Keran looked at each other confused.

"It's not really blood."

"It looks real."

"It's not."

"It smells real too."

"Okay. If you think it's so real. lick it."

Junxi licked it and immediately I could see confusion in her eyes.

"Yeah that's not blood. Tastes like a cherry...battery."

"Huh." I looked at her confusedly.

"Like it tastes like metal...but like...if it had cherry sauce on it."

"You're weird." I scoffed.

"Says the one with the cherry battery tasting blood." We both chuckled and Lin Fan burst through the door.

She must have been really confused. Keran was in the kitchen eating my food, Junxi was sitting on top of me and I was being pinned to the floor which had been covered in blood.

"LIN FAN!" Keran ran out of the living room and gave her a huge hug.

Lin Fan hugged her back and ran over to me. She helped me up and then proceeded to hug me even though I was covered in 'blood'. We hugged for a long time, so long that I think she started to lose circulation. Keran and Junxi had to go, so it had been just us two left in the room.

"Why did you leave me?" Lin Fans voice broke and I soon felt warm tears fall onto my shoulder.

I pulled away from the hug and brushed her tears away with my thumb, giving her a reassuring smile.
"I came back here and I knew you would find me first...they're all searching for me. They're treating me like I can't feel anything at all. But I can feel! I know how it feels to be hurt! I know how it feels to feel hopeless and distressed! I know how it feels to be happy and excited and I know how it feels to care about someone..."

3rd Person POV

Xichen had tears streaming down her cheeks as she collapsed on the floor, hopelessly. She could sense that they were coming and they'd be there soon to take her.

Lin Fan curled up next to her. "W-why couldn't you have just been human...."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want you to be sad....because you're my best friend."

"Best?" Xichen asked joyfully.

"Mhm." Lin Fan laid her head on Xichen's shoulder.

"I have something for you actually." Lin Fan wrapped her arm around Xichen's waist and helped her onto her feet.

Lin Fan sat on Xichen's bed and motioned Xichen to sit. Lin Fan reaches in her pocket and pulled out two rings. Xichen looked at Lin Fan for a second, in confusion.

"When I was younger my mom gave me these rings. She told me that, at the time, neither of them would fit....but that once I found the right friend to put the other ring on. It would fit perfectly."

She handed Xichen the ring and smiled.
"Try it on. And see if it fits."

Xichen slid the silver ring onto her left pointer finger and it fit perfectly.

"It's never done that before."

"Hmm?"

"Look how brightly it's shining!" Lin Fan said ecstatically before slipping hers on.

"Perfect." Lin Fan smiled and stood up, holding Xichen's hand.

"We have only been friends for a month but I feel like I've known you my whole life."