Chapter 44

Neither of them slept that night. Idina tossed and turned, cold and alone in her thoughts. At least it was what she deserved. She tried baling up her sheets, but it was nothing like holding onto him. So, she threw them all on the floor and basked in her discomfort and wished that Aaron would come and pull her out of her misery and her spirals.

Aaron was much the same. He wondered if he could or should have done something differently and was cold as well, for Idina had taken the blanket and he could only find sheets in the linen closet. He hugged his pillow, but it was not like cuddling with his wife. He wondered more then once if he should go to her but decided that she probably needed her space right now.

The next morning everything was packed. No one spoke as they were driven back to the house and left there as if nothing had ever happened.

~

REASON FOR IDINA MENZEL'S AND TAYE DIGGS' DIVORCE REVEALED!

In the past month, the world has been worried as the beloved voice of Elsa in Disney's Frozen, Idina Menzel, and her family including her husband Aaron Lohr, her son Walker Nathaniel Diggs, and foster child Erika Rivera, were whisked away because of intense blackmailing and threats. It has recently been revealed that Menzel ex, Taye Diggs, was behind these horrible series of events. Leaked messages show Diggs threatening in detail to torture and hurt his son unless Menzel returned to him and agreed to be his wife, divorcing current husband Lohr in the process. Menzel made a public statement via her publicist stating that while Diggs had always been obsessive, she was willing to overlook it for the benefit of her son. Her reality was shattered when he turned his aggressive tendencies towards their son, and she knew she had to get out. She is devastated and is asking the public for privacy on the situation for the sake of her son. Diggs is now detained in an undisclosed location. No bail has been set.

~

Erika was at ease with the new household dynamics. No one bothered her. No one asked her questions she did not understand. No one tried to force-feed her false promises of affection.

Erika excelled in intense environments. She was in her element avoiding projectiles and swings. She was used to disappearing and doing whatever she could to make an unstable environment stable. These past few months had made her stressed. It was a new environment she had no ideas on how to react too.

Now Aaron and Idina were barely talking. They were acting the closest to how she knew couples to act since she had met them. Maybe their façade was finally falling, and she could be at ease and not have to worry about someone swinging a sledgehammer at her walls.

It was familiar and comforting and she soon found herself falling into old habits. Sneaking around the rooms on silent tiptoe, never leaving a trace. Not talking, even when spoken too. Having to act more like the adult on days when Aaron worked late and Idina was incapable. Having to hide the fact that she could do things herself from the parent.

She had never expected herself to feel so at ease in this house. Before, she had been apprehensive. Every time Idina walked into a room there was a chance she would ask Erika a question that made no sense and try to hug her. Questions about things she liked, dreams, hopes. Things that Erika did not understand. She knew she wanted to live till nineteen, but that was because she wanted to give a metaphorical middle finger to the social worker her paraded her around in front of foster parent hopefuls, giving them the 2/3 of these children will die when they turn eighteen and age out of the system speech. But she did not hope for it. It sounded miserable. And dreaming was something stupid people did. Erika was not stupid.

Liking something was foreign too. She knew what it was to need something and to want something she needed. And she supposed the liked getting what she needed, but when it came down to it food was food and water was water. Shelter was shelter. What difference did it make if it did the job? None.