Chapter 51

Walker beelined to his friend the second the motor was turned off. It made Idina smile. This was exactly the atmosphere she needed right now.

The dress was casual, so she was wearing ripped jeans and a leather jacket over a loose white shirt. No one would be able to tell she had a baby bump. And even if they could, she had a feeling people would be a whole lot more likely to jump to the conclusion that she was gaining weight, especially the internet. The thought made her chuckle. She was gaining weight. A whole lot. Two babies worth, to be precise.

They walked up the walkway, her hand in Aaron's and her other holding the wine they had brought for the hosts. Erika was a few steps behind them. She knew no one here as far as either of them could tell as no one had teens at Erika's school. And even then, there would be no guarantee that Erika knew them or that they got along. Their daughter was wearing jeans and a light blue jacket along with the dragonfly necklace Idina had gotten her months ago. It was still the only piece of jewelry she owned.

"'Dina!" came the voice of a five-foot-one blonde. Idina was suddenly tackled in a bear hug, Kristen pressing herself so close to her surrogate sister Idina was worried she might be able to feel her bump. She knew Kristen was the type to ask her about it later and she did not for a second believe she could lie to her friend's face.

"Nice to see you too," Idina replied through a smile.

Kristen let go of Idina and brushed herself off.

"Here," Idina said, giving Kirsten the wine.

"Ooh, nice," she said as she read the label. "Want some?"

"No," Idina replied, "I'm on a diet and..."

"You don't need to be on a diet Dee!" she looked over to Aaron. "Come on, tell her."

"Sorry, I'm not ganging up on my wife. I'm staying out of this." He took a few steps back for emphasis, but they were still holding hands.

"A 'yes ma'am' man," Kristen said with a wink, "keeper for sure."

All three of them chuckled.

Idina then introduced Kristen and Erika. They shook hands, though Erika seemed just as interested in meeting Idina's friends as Walker was, which was not very much at all. No one had been expecting anything more.

Kristen escorted them to the backyard where the party was in full swing. And there was a bouncy castle. A large, red and yellow bouncy castle with fighting ring and more.

"Dee, it's for the children," Aaron warned the second he saw the look on her face.

"But I'm carrying two," she mumbled into his ear. "I'm your baby, babe. Let your baby play on the baby toy." Then she licked his temple and ear.

"Should you be jumping up and down in a bouncy castle? You've been avoiding the trampoline like the plague." He planted a kiss on her lips.

"That's because I want a pool," she huffed, crossing her arms.

Aaron snorted. "Fine, but don't come crying to me when you spook the kids and Walker's embarrassed."

"Will you go and do it for me?" She batted her eyes. "I'll live vicariously through you. Please? If not, you might have to get drunk for me..."

"Alright," he said, rolling his eyes and pulling her hips close. He planted a kiss on her nose. "But only for you."

Idina turned to Erika. "You should go too, it'll be fun."

"I'm alright," she said, looking down. There were a lot of people here. If this is what Kristen thought was medium-sized, neither Erika nor Idina wanted to know what she considered to be a large party.