Chapter 14

3rd POV

The past few weeks, Garu started to do everything for Pucca to notice and love him again. For instance he tried to buy gifts for her, he tried to be sweet even just a little pass his bounderies and he chased her every time she run away from him.

Seeing things now it looks like the tables had turned for the two. Making Garu at thought,on how Pucca's situation was always like this. It was definitely hard and tiring.

"No wonder she grew tired of me"  He said, with a heavy heart.

In those moments, Garu certainly didn't tell Pucca his true feelings. Because he decided that it was best to show it through actions than words especially he doesn't want her to know that he already broke his vow of silence.

So he was stuck on being showy towards her. He held her hand once considering that Pucca was avoiding him like a disease. He tried to speak his feelings, yet he felt like his tongue was tide from being nervous and anxious.

That's why every time he had the chance, he would always fail from being a coward. He wasn't used to this kind of stuff,but it's for Pucca.

Consequently,  he was stepping out of his comfort zone and was starting to love someone beyond his walls..

"Oh how love makes you do stupid things" Garu smirked at himself. He was like a lovesick puppy chasing after it's owner, with the mission of getting his heart back and also hers.

Everyday Pucca turned down Garu's alibi plans and rejected every affection he has. Until one day he had enough...

Garu's POV

"Pucca! Please can you just listen to me!" I shouted at her, breathing heavily.

Her eyes rounded from shock. Hearing me for the first time, she became still in her place. Still looking at me, with no response.

"Just stay!.. I want to tell you something" She still didn't said a word, yet she is showing attentiveness to the words I'd say.

"I want to say sorry for everything.. I'm sorry for not caring.. I'm sorry for rejecting you.. I'm sorry I didn't realized sooner....That I should've gave you importance and you didn't deserve those heartbreaking moments from me.. But I realized, I cared for you from the very beginning. However, I rather not show it cause I was still denying the fact, I was turning soft for someone and I was terrified of that feeling" I exclaimed, taking a deep breath cause I was shaking already.

She's still not answering me, I guess I have no choice. "Therefore, I want to sincerely say to you that I've fallen for you unexpectedly and I want to make it up by showing it to you now. Even though I'm already too late" I added, scratching my neck from all the tension.

Then she made me look her in the eye and shrugged her head. Implying of disbelief and callous for my misfortuned confession. Which she thinks it's just a game.

"Look I'm not playing with you Pucca. Just let me love you even if you don't want me too. I wanted to be optimistic that I could make you love me again.. So please, can you give me a chance right now. I'll cook you dinner in my house" I pleaded, not making her see my voice cracked from the chest pain I'm feeling right now.

Reaching my hand out to her, with a hopeful heart that maybe she'd accept ny offer. Having my head down with eyes squeezing shut, waiting for her answer.

Unexpectedly, she sighed and took my hand. Making me look at her, surprised and happy she obliged.

Smiling at her, with my widest grin. Shows that I was genuinely happy by her approval.

I held her hand tightly, not letting her go. Grasping it with so much care and gentleness on how soft and precious her hands on mine; scared of losing the feeling.

"There's still a slight care in her heart for me.. I still have a chance."

Pucca's POV

At Garu's house~

Here at Garu's house makes me feel uncomfortable. I was really shocked he spoke for the very first time, breaking his vow of silence.

Why though.. As far as I know, I'm not someone he could risked his consequences for. Besided he's just playing an act. A deceitful one I must say.

I looked around his house, it was definitely clean. Then my eyes went to Mio, who was adorably asking me for cuddles and petting. Eeekkk I can't resist to give it my affection, so he started to purr.

Playing with Mio, Garu was cooking our dinner. Hmmm.. why did I even agree to him.. it's not like I care about that script of a cheesy line he said earlier...

While petting Mio, he leaped out and starts to go to Garu's room.

Giving me the urge to follow him and see something that stunned me.

There was a picture of 'us' on his desk and the rose I gave to him. He kept it all this time, not knowing that picture existed until now.

Startling me from the tapped on my shoulder, I yelp out. Garu was at the door, laughing at me.

I was about to scold him but I need to shut myself, this isn't the right time for him to know and let out my voice...

"Sorry pucca that I scared you.. But what were you doing at my room?" He asked me.

Disregarding his question, I pointed at the picture and stared at him. Trying to make him explain on why is that 'thing' on his desk when he didn't even appreciated Pucca in the first place.. I-I mean me in the first place.

He lingered his eyes towards the frame then me, heaving a deep sigh from him.

"Okay, I'll explain.." Garu said, sitting down on the stool.

I followed and sat beside him. Uptight about the explaination he'll give.

"Actually.. the truth is.. I cared about you even if you didn't know.. I unveiled it in my own way.. I was a ninja in honor, it was normal for us to be distant and secretive cause we have our priorities too" He said, stopping his words and continued.

"You just didn't know I was hiding the fact, you were different from ching and abyo. I cared for you even more and desired to protect you. So I pushed you away, ignoring your feelings. However, I always done my share of affection to you, it was all unknown. I can't say it now, but someday I could. Today, I can only tell you that I got that picture when you scheduled it, having your plan of hanging the photograph framed in you room"

"That's why I decided, I want one too and I created a plan to snatch that picture from the photographer. Letting you know that it was gone, but it was here with me the whole time. I just wanted to have something to remember you always, without making you know; that I was smitten by you on the inside and I was happy I got that picture" Garu finally ending his statement.

Making me stand up and conflict with my thoughts. This has to be a game right, garu doesn't love Pucca. He had broke Pucca so many times.

Walking away from him, not finishing the food. "You know,I kept you inside my heart. Not on the outside play". His final words ringed in my ear over and over again after I stepped out of his house.

"I will not make her shatter for him all over again"