Chapter 17

Abyo's POV

Seeing Garu now, he looks so different from before. He was all jittery and troubled. Which means his walls are coming down.

Worry consumed me, so I asked him if he was doing alright. "Hey Garu, you okay?.. It seems your uptight about this."

"I'm okay...I think" He looked at Pucca with sadness in his eyes.

"You know we can stop this plan right... If you don't want to continue anymore"

"It's okay... This is my last shot to know if Pucca still loves me... And also my last hope.." Garu mumbles the last part, but I still understood it.

"Just tell me if you can't take it, okayyy?"

He nods and turned his head in front, cause the next round was about to start..

Garu's POV

It was hard to fake my smile in front of Abyo especially I am definitely really reaaalllyyy reeaalllyyyyyy not okay right now. Awhile ago, I feel like I'm about to throw up from Ring Ring's kiss and even at myself. For I am the reason why my pain is swelling even more.. If only I appreaciated Pucca's feelings. I would've still seen her eyes sparkle with love for someone unworthy.. And that's me...

3rd POV

"Moving on to the 2nd round of the game" Master Soo blared on the microphone, acting all cool and such.

He called the 2nd round 'Honest Hearts' with the details on how this will embark.

The instructions are:

There will be tasks displayed for Pucca on whether she will be affected with her Heart. Whereas the monitor will beep according to her heart beat. In terms it means when the faster and louder the monitor goes with her beats. Concludes what the heart virtually wants from within.

Proceeding on the plan at hand. They chose to do first was to make Garu in physical contact with Pucca like hold her hand as the primary thing to do .

Garu was shocked that he was about to be intimated with Pucca. Not like it was a bad thing for him. Instead it was a blessing that made him very pleased. On the other hand, he was just really nervous with being encountered with her, particularly in touching her too.

Garu's POV

Stepping closer to Pucca, my feet were getting heavier by steps. Nervous of having her hand in mine. Specially my palms are sweaty... ughhh bad timing.

As I arrived in front of her, our eyes met. Being contact with it, knocks me off my feet.

Oh how I'm smitten by this girl, even in the little things. Renders me to melt down and be a softy like no other.

"Ehem lover boy" Maste Soo coughed, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Can you hold her hand now before Pucca starts melting because of your blazing stare" He said, teasing me with a smirk.

I held her hand and so did she. The results were about to come up until I decided it can go far from just gripping onto her hand. So I intertwined mine with hers, feeling the softness and delicate in her fingers.

Paying no attention on the result, with the advantage of me holding her hand tightly. Never wanting to break it apart.

Sadly the results came up and her heart didn't fasten it's beat. Proving signs of something just normal for her..

"Ohh what a bearer of bad news" Master Soo said nervously.

The crowd gasp on the outcome. Belittling me on the spot from embarrasment, since the girl who they saw and named as the crazy in love child who was in love with me had no longer beat her heart with fondness .

"Come down everyone.. There's still more to come. We don't know what the final answer will be yet. So hold on to your seats. And take note that I am not faking the results, this are all true based on my powers given to the equipments used" Master Soo pointed out.

3rd POV

Second step to do was for Garu to hug Pucca. And he did.... But he needed to overcome his doubts and discomfort..

While he was hugging Pucca, he felt all the longing from her. On how he had missed those chances with her affection.

Garu was blind enough to see that he was slipping away those opportunities to get closer with Pucca and be tender with her. Clearly not seeing that all her hugs and kisses....He tried to find it after she became distant.

He was loving the feeling, but it was cut off with the noise from the result. Which showed negative and that the monitor of her heart didn't increased it's beat.

Pulling away from Pucca, Garu forced a smile. Hiding the dismay of failure in getting her heart to raced beats for him.

Ongoing to the final step in the 2nd round. They made Garu kissed Pucca's cheeks. He became flustered all of a sudden and started to blush deep red.

Garu's POV

Crimson red was plastered all over my face, the fact I was about to kiss Pucca; with me doing the first move.

My body tensed and my brain wasn't functioning right. I was starting to feel light-headed especially from the audiences that were roaring with cheers...

Gaining even the tiniest confidence, I moved closer to her face. Inches away are my lips from her cheeks. Slowly lingering on the smoothness of her skin.

My lips landed, having the urge to prolong this feeling of me kissing her cheeks. However, time was up and I need to pull away.

Opening my eyes, still remembering the sensation from moments ago. Filled me this weakness for her in every possible way.

Unfortunately, it all came to an end. When Master Soo announced the results were again negative. Brought my entire body with discontent.

Viewing her now, she doesn't seem to react nor was she affected by that kiss. To the point her heartbeat didn't set off the beep monitor.

"That was a shocker.. I taught the kiss would work" Master Soo was stunned.

Earning whispers from everyone in the room.

"O my Pucca wasn't affected by Garu's kiss"

"The fan girl is not fangirling anymore"

"He looks like an idiot now for kissing her and she didn't even react to it like she used too"

"How embarrassing for the ninja boy"

Ignoring the slander, there was a lot of things on my mind right now. The expectation from the kiss that I thought would bring back Pucca.

Presuming it would make her heart race,maybe even a heart attack.

Knowing Pucca from before, I pictured the outcome was positive because she had waited for me to make a move on her.

"Enough with the chitchat... Down to the final round of this show" Master Soo said, giving me a concern look.

"Garu, are you still willing to go on with this?.. I can tell that your not fine" Ching said, as Abyo patted my back for comfort.

I shrugged and got back to my seat. With my head looking down and tears were about to build up.

Shaking it off, I stand firm and darted my focus on the 3rd round.

This time... I hope I'll win... The prize to get her back with the chances I wished.. Will certainly make me risked so much, if I lost...

"It takes a strong heart to love, but it takes an even stronger heart to continue to love after it's been hurt"