𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗌 𝖳𝗈 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝗌𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖶𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖠𝖻𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖯𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗍𝗒

✎ What free resources do characters have access to? Food? Shelter? What are the conditions they must meet to get these resources (sobriety, actively seeking a job, etc.)?
✎ How are poor people perceived by better off people in that setting? Does it vary based on gender and other factors?
✎ What cheap foods have become the staples of characters' diets, assuming they can even afford those regularly? What mundane foods are considered luxuries?
✎ What health problems have your characters had to ignore because they can't afford healthcare? How have these problems worsened over time?
✎ When they don't make the minimum amount of money they need to maintain their current standard of living, what are the first things your characters cut spending on?
✎ What odd jobs can your characters do to earn cash quickly?
✎ What are the limits of what your characters are willing to do for money and why do they have these limits? Moral reasons? Concern about safety? What might make your characters give in and do these things?
✎ How do children try to conserve resources and help their parents make money?
✎ How good are your characters at stealing? Have they ever been caught? What tricks have they learned to avoid being detected or caught?
✎ Have your characters always been poor? If not, what was the hardest thing for them to adjust to?
✎ Do your characters still feel hopeful about their future? What dreams are they hoping to achieve?
✎ Have your characters tried reaching out to friends and family for help? Why or why not?
✎ What do your characters hang onto for sentimental reasons even if selling it would make them a good amount of money?
✎ Do other characters know the extent of the poverty your poor characters are dealing with? What misconceptions do they have?
✎ When your characters manage to gain more wealth, what habits do they retain from when they were poor?

cr; sandydragon1