Part 9

Same Day
Rachel's POV

Boy oh boy. Times have changed. Bro, I'm a whole ass mom. That shit crazy. My baby Sade really saved my life.

So if y'all remember I was in rehab getting my life together and then boom! As soon as we finished our tour dates we had a couple weeks before going on the 4:44 tour and that's when I found out

So if y'all remember I was in rehab getting my life together and then boom! As soon as we finished our tour dates we had a couple weeks before going on the 4:44 tour and that's when I found out. Shit was crazy.

Flashback

Rachel stared down at the pregnancy test in her hands. She didn't know what to do.

"Ray, let me in." Damien said. "What it say?"

Rachel took a deep breath before opening the door. Damien stood right there waiting to find out.

"What it say?" He asked.

"What you think it said?"

"I don't know that's why I'm asking." He said.

She sighed and nodded.

"So...how you feel?" He asked trying to figure out her mood.

Rachel sat on the counter with her feet swinging back and forth thinking. Damien sat on the toilet seat beside her. He gave her time to process.

"Imma keep it." She finally said and Damien looked at her and nodded.

She could tell he was biting back a smile.

"Go ahead." She said.

"What?" He asked laughing.

"I know you're happy." She said.

"You not?"

"I'm not mad." She said. "It's just not the greatest time."

"What's the greatest time?"

"When I'm not touring." She stressed. "You're about to go back east. We just got back really good. I just got back really good."

Rachel wiped her tears because it wasn't the time for it.

"Hey." Damien said standing in front of her. "Everything is gonna be okay, I promise. I'm not going anywhere."

"I gotta tell Kelly and your mom." She groaned.

"Aye, we grown. You got your own spot, making your own money, and me too. We'll be fine and we'll get through this together." He said. "I love you and you gonna have my princess."

"Who said I'm having a girl?" She asked.

"I did." He said. "We can have a boy after."

"Pump your breaks nigga. I'm just getting use to the idea of this." She said.

"Sorry, I'm excited." He said smiling.