Twenty-six

26.

"Sandali na lang at darating na si X. Makikita niya na ang kanyang kaibigan at nobya ay ang dalawang traydor sa buhay niya," the man smirked before glancing at me. Halos hindi na ako makahinga ng ayos dahil sa kabang unti-unting bumabalot sa aking katawan lalo na't hindi ko inaasahan na sa lahat ng tao ay siya pa ang makikita ko.

Bronze.

Ang taong akala ko na talagang malandi at gago lang ay hindi ko aakalaing may mas ilalala pa. Noon pa man ay napapansin ko na bakas ng kabastusan nito, ilang beses na akong nairita doon pero bakit hindi man lang sumagi sa isipan ko na baka siya 'yong tunay na masamang tao?

"What did we ever do to you, Lirezas?!" Arlszent blurted.

"No, what did we ever do to the both of you?" Bronze rephrased, still not taking off his smirk. "Nangingialam kayo sa mga bagay na hindi naman dapat. Para ano? Mabigyan ng hustisya ang kapatid n'yo?"

Arlszent and I didn't utter any word which made Bronze burst into a nefarious laughter. From his back, he showed his hand holding a folder and walked to the corner where Arlszent is laid down.

"Rape Case Involving the Clan of Chivas and Dela Gentes Ends Up in Escapement," Bronze read what's written before looking at Arlszent. "I found this fucking piece of trash inside your closet when I barged in to your room the night after Christmas."

Bronze slammed the folder into Zent's face, causing the documents inside to fall down. Arlszent on the other hand just stared at Bronze with his bloodshot eyes.

"Fuck you, Lirezas," Arlszent hissed.

"Fuck you too, pre," Bronze cackled before transferring his gaze onto me. "Hi hottie."

"Please let us out," I entreated but he just raised a brow on me and grinned.

"You talk sweetly, Arleigne. No wonder you get to charm a lot of men and have their dicks aroused just by looking and talking to them," he licked his lower lip. "Too bad I'm not one of those men you dated, I should've also tasted your sweet flesh and fuck your—"

"You, fucking asshole!" Arlszent shouted out of anger.

The door suddenly opened, revealing a man wearing a bright red sweater and black beanie with his hands inside the pockets of his faded jeans. It's so casual yet he nailed it and even looked sexy. No matter what clothing is it that he wears, suits him. He still looked so perfect.

My perfect Saint Xerxes…

"It's about time X!" Bronze greeted with a cackle. "Meet the spies in our lives!"

He looked first at Arlszent before shifting his gaze to me. His eyes reflected nothing but coldness… he stared at me like I'm not the girl he said that he loves.

"Did you do anything?" Xerxes asked Bronze but his eyes are still on me.

"Nothing, my friend," matunog na ngumisi si Bronze. "You will be the one to do something."

Do something? What does Bronze mean by that?

"Malaki ang kasalanan mo sa akin, X. Kayo nila Rave at Lix," he added. "I'm not blind, Gorostiza. Alam kong matagal mo nang alam na ako ang nasa likod ng mga paghahabol at pagtatangkang pumatay sa'yo."

"You're ordering your men to end me because you think that I might spill the skeletons in your closet," Xerxes articulated, smirking. "You know I wouldn't do that."