Forty

I was supposed to write this yesterday pero nakatutok kasi ang atensyon ko sa Twitter haha I'm sorry! #10YearsOfOneDirection

_________________________________________________________________________

40.

"I thought you have exams and you need to study?" I asked Xerxes when he knocked at the door of my unit one Wednesday night.

He let out a smirk and showed me his med books. "Who says I cannot study here?"

He went inside my unit so I just shrugged. Alangan namang makipagtalo pa ako at pabalikin pa siya sa Maynila gayong mag-aalas nuwebe na ng gabi. He told me that he already had his dinner so we just proceeded to my room since he wants to study there.

Tumabi ako sa kanya sa higaan umunan sa kanyang may tiyanan, naramdaman ko naman ang kamay nito sa aking ulunan at bahagyang hinahaplos ang aking buhok.

"Ang bilis ng panahon..." I suddenly whispered. "Parang kagahapon lang ay kakasimula palang ng third year. Tapos ngayon, -Ber months na. Your birthday's already on Friday. What do you want?"

"Wrap yourself with a gift wrapper and be on my bed."

Tinampal ko ang hita nito. "Umayos ka!"

He let out a sexy chuckle. "I'd like whatever it is that you'll give me. Kaya ngayon, matulog ka na dahil may pasok ka pa bukas, captain."

"Good night," I told him. I was about to rest my head on the pillow when his hand stopped me from doing so. He pointed at his lips and I playfully rolled my eyes before giving him a quick smack.

"Good night, doll," he grinned.

I closed my eyes and covered myself with the comforter. "Turn off the lights after you study."

He continued combing my hair gently with his fingers which made me doze off to sleep easier. At the middle of the night, I woke up feeling the need to urinate and before I could even get up, I felt a hand that's rested on my head and my gaze turned to Xerxes who's already sleeping but still seated with his books on his lap and wearing his reading glasses.

After doing my thing in the bathroom, I went back on my bed and took the books beside him before putting it on the bedside table. I was about to take the two more on his lap but I think he felt my sudden action because he groaned and opened his eyes a bit.

"I'm not yet done," mahina ngunit basag na tinig nito at sinubukang bawiin ang dalawang libro sa kamay ko.

"You need to rest. I'll wake you up again later. I'm going to be the one to make breakfast so you'll have more time," I told him and smiled. "You'll find your exams hard and you won't be able to focus well if you're tardy."

He sighed in defeat so I placed the remaining books on the bedside table and I also took off his eyeglasses. He rested himself on the bed and I did the same. He hugged me and buried his face on my neck.

"Thank you, wife," he whispered.

It made me smile so I played with his hair before closing my eyes again to sleep. "Sleep now, my future doctor."

Mauve and the girls planned to go out drinking and I, not being a killjoy, went with them to Cove Manila. Tomorrow's Xerxes' birthday already and I still have no idea on what gift will I be giving him.

"I heard he'll be buying the PS5 on Sunday, sabay sila ni Denver," Mauve told me. "Unahan mo. Bumili ka na bukas sakto wala tayong pasok tsaka tutal ay gabi pa naman ang simula ng party ni Saint."