V

The glistening water shines into Elizabeth's eyes as she stares down at the pond that had almost taken her life. Thoughts begin to scatter wild as she begins to remember her time stuck under the water, her head pounding as she began seeing bright colors such as red and blue, her lungs and chest burning as if she had been set on fire from the inside. Elizabeth hadn't even realized she was saved until she saw the man who saved her immerse from the water all by himself. Death had a grip on her, but that man was much stronger than Death himself. 

  "Elizabeth?" Vivian's voice causes Elizabeth's head to dart up towards her Mother. 

  "Yes?"

  "Are you alright, Dear?" Vivian chuckles out the question, making Elizabeth nod a few times, she looks straight a head of her to avoid eye contact.

  "I'm, I'm fine, Mother."

  Vivian continues to look over at her daughter trying to find out what's wrong, just by analyzing her facial expressions. Elizabeth was smiling too much, trying to put  off the idea that she was happy, but her Mother saw right through the mask.

  Without wanting to cause an issue or problem, Vivian simply nods and looks forward as the two continue their stroll through the park.

  "Patrick ringed the house, wanted to make sure you were still alright." 

  "That's kind of him."

  "He wanted to know if you were able to accompany him and his Father to dinner tomorrow night at the Blythe Manor."

  Elizabeth sighs quietly in response to Vivian, her face instantly falling. She tries her best to pick her spirits up before she turns to her Mother and nods.

  "I would want nothing more."

  Elizabeth's reaction makes Vivian beam a joyous smile. The two look away from each other and back towards their oncoming surroundings. 

  "Patrick is also very excited for your performance next week, it's all he can talk about to your Father." 

  Elizabeth turns her head slightly as her Mother speaks, seeing the old general store that's been in town since she was small. Elizabeth stares inside the giant window in the front of the store, the big yellow words plastered onto the glass reading; 

McDee's General Store

EST 1870.

 Past the yellow writing, she notices a man working inside of the store as he hands back change to a customer. Something about the man's side profile seems so familiar to her. 

  "I'm excited too..." Elizabeth replies slowly as she continues staring into the shop. 

  Elizabeth looks toward her Mother and lightly places her hand on the older woman's arm. 

  "I almost forgot, I have to actually pick something up from the general store, but once I'm finished there I'll meet you at the coffeehouse." 

  Vivian looks towards the general store with her eyebrows furrowed. Not wanting to question her daughter, Vivian nods and pats her hand on top of Elizabeth's.

  "Well, don't dally. I don't want to be here all day."

  Elizabeth nods towards her Mother once before they begin heading their separate ways down the street. Elizabeth picks the front up of her dress so she is able to pick up the pace as she crosses the street. 

  Elizabeth takes one good final look inside of the general store, now realizing it was truly the man who saved her from her own demise just two days prior. The man is placing a few ears of corn into a decently sized wooden box. Elizabeth looks down at her appearance, she wipes down her dress' blouse and somewhat down the skirt. After a quick fix of her hair, she opens the front door to the store causing a little bell to ring just above her head.