Ch. 1

Every time I close my eyes, I see it again, and again.

The monarch, slowly crushing and burning everything in its path.

The dragonkin descending from the sky as I helplessly watch my family get slaughteted

Kitsune, after kitsune, after kitsune died that day.

"Why? Why did they have to kill the people I loved? My family, my home, everything- I have nothing. Is this was they wanted? To leave a young child, an orphan, homeless, with a strong desire to just..."

The boy looked at his hands. Blood slowly dripped down his knife, onto his palm.

" ...kill those who have hurt my family?"

Maybe I just want revenge.

Maybe it's my fault you are all dead.

Maybe it's time to give you the karma you deserve

"Izu? You're shaking Are you hurt? Are you okay? Did that hero earlier hurt you?"

The boy sat up, face pale.

He looked over, then smiled.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine."

'I'll kill you all.'

His smile twisted into a cool, sick one.

'I will eventually get my revenge. Kill the dragonkin, and their beloved monarch.'

"That's good, I don't know what would happen if-"

Izuku cut the shorter boy off with a relaxed wave.

"I'm going out on patrol."

"But you just got injured!"

Izuku swung his mismatched gaze over the stubborn purple-haired boy.

A year ago, Hitoshi would have flinched and backed down, but now he stood, fuming.

"How about you come with me then?"

"..."

Hitoshi froze, stunned.

"Uh, sure."

Izuku noiselessly leaped down from the balcony of the abandoned building.

Yeah, I need to calm down...

Shinsou followed, dark throwing knives appearing in his hands.

Shinsou never questioned Izuku's hate for the dragonkin scattered around the city, after all, they were considered high level 'villains', and they killed and kidnapped mercilessly.

Izuku was targeted by both 'villains', 'pro heroes', and vigilantes alike, and after he found Shinsou, Shinsou was also targeted.

Sure, he got why. He was partnered up with a serial killer.

Shikaeshi and Kyo. Revenge and Void.

"Hey, Izu."

"Not right now. I found the trail of-"

"Be more aware of your surroundings. We're being trailed."

Izuku swore, and Shinsou muttered a quiet 'language' under his breath - to which he sarcastically repeated the same word in English.

"Oh, wait, it's Eraserhead, no worries."

Izuku snickered at Shinsou's dismissive tone, twirling the metal bat around his hand as they bounded from roof to roof.