Ch. 13

Izuku could hear, hear a strangled scream echoing from above his cell. Nothing new.

Everything was white - he could still see faint outlines, but everything was white. The room, the chair he was propped up in, the blood on the floor, the strange man sitting across from him - it was all white.

A ratting sound caused him to sluggishly blink his eyes open again.

The blob - the door creaked open, a faint figure walking in.

I don't want___ to be here anymore. Everything is____ so... stra__nge.

After being under the effect of his fathers quirk, his eyesight had begun to degrade.

Until his 'father' deactivated the quirk, he could barely think straight, everything was muffled and fuzzy, and he had a pounding headache - and consequently had a horrid stomachache.

"S_  y_o can'_  fin.... horrible."  Izuku blearily blinked.

Why... can't I wake up?

I'm useless here, thousands of feet under the ground.

His head began to clear, little by little, and weakly tugged at his restraints.

I can't see. Everything is so muffled.. Not till I kill that man... my father, then... maybe I'll be okay.

Closing his eyes, he began sorting his thoughts out. He honestly had no way out, but he could try something - anything that worked. If he never escaped, he would just weaken and die, and then what would happen?

The damn Monarch gets to live, and my exsistence has meant nothing.

"The boy's vitals are dropping! Send in emergency care - and guards!" The guard at the door shouted down the hall, frantically trying to report code red.

Izuku's heart rate slowed to a halt, and he opened his eyes, an odd red glare illuminating the room.

If I die, I die. But if I die, so does Sou.

A guttural growl escaped his throat, and he yanked out of his restraints, the haze in his mind finally clearing.

His ears twitched, and he nimbly dodged as a gun fired, cuffs still encircling his wrists - chail links rattling as he moved.

In a few leaps, he had crossed the white room, entirely depending on his nose and ears.

Blindly slashing at thin air, he connected with flesh, too fast for the guard to react. A growl echoed around the hall as blood pooled from the dragon-man's throat.

Take advantage of their surprise.

He stumbled as he regained his footing, head swinging around as he desperately searched for an opening to run.

Hell, I'm thinking like Hitoshi now. 

The wail of a siren filled the area as Shinsou and Katsuki reached the perimeter of the 'snake's den', but they forged on, trying to make it into the base before the guards came to defend the entrance.

"Down here, come on." Shindou hissed, whipping open a metal door and leaping into the dark space below.

Katsuki nimbly followed, and they silently raced through the pitch black hallway.

Dragonkin had a good sense of smell and hearing, and that was where Shinsou's quirk came in, silencing their breathing and movement.

Katsuki blindly followed his friend's back, eyes slowly adjusting to the dark. He could make out a dim light up ahead of them, and he pushed forward, all senses hyperactive as adrenaline and fear coursed through his body.