Ch. 2

Izuku thanked Ayano, paid, then picked up Shinsou, carrying him out the door.

Something has been off about those two ever since I met them.

They say they don't want to be heroes, and many people enjoy being around them, but they show up to work with bandages and bruises all the time.

And though they are underaged, I think they both live alone as well, which is illegal at their age.

Ayano suspiciously watched as the two boys silently walked in, then slid behind the counter, Shinsou rubbing his eyes.

"So, what was with-"

"Hello, what would you like to order?"

Ayano frustratedly turned to Shinsou, who was already busy making the orders.

Itsuki groaned as he opened the door, taking off his headphones, followed by Katsuo, and Emiko.

"Morning."

"Coming through."

"Shinsou, make me the special, no sugar."

"Hey, while you're at it, gimme my caramel latte."

Shinsou noiselessly turned to the machine, then stiffened ever so slightly when the bell rang again.

"Izu-"

Ayano's eyes flicked to the uncomfortable boy, then turned to the new customers.

"Oh! Hello Eraserhead, Present Mic."

"Morning!"

"Coffee. Same as usual."

Izuku worriedly watched as Shinsou made the coffees, movements stiff and tense.

"Hey, lighten up. We're going to get lunch at the nice new cafe down the street, remember?"

Shinsou nodded, wordlessly handing the men their drinks, hands trembling slightly - Which Izuku could just see.

He could also feel Ayano's eyes boring into him, which confused him. Was he doing something wrong?

"You two somehow seem familiar."

Shinsou looked up, an unusually calm expression on his face.

"You came in yesterday and said that my coffee was the best you'd ever tasted. You also said that green - Izu's hair - was an extremely rare hair color."

Aizawa squinted, then shrugged.

"I blame my lack of sleep. And that I got beaten up yesterday, again."

Izuku exhaled, struggling to keep a blank expression on his face.

He was trembling slightly, trying not to burst into a fit of laughter, which he would of - had he had his mask on.

"Who could beat Eraserhead in a one on one?"

"Shikaeshi and Kyo. Those damn villains - who call themselves vigilantes - are pretty strong."

Then, the older man's gaze subtly flicked to Shinsou.

"I've never seen their faces, but they've got their nicknames for each other, which I've caught bits and pieces of, which simply reminded me of what you guys call each other."

"Oh? That's a coincidence." Izuku snapped, losing control of his emotions for a second.

The coolness in his tone didn't go unnoticed, and Shinsou quietly turned to the register.