Ch. 6

Izuku turned his head away from the flickering light, letting out a guttural groan. His chest hurt, and every breath was harder to take than the last.

Is Sou okay?

A cool laugh echoed throughout the dark room, and Izuku snarled.

"You."

Bakugou waited as his mother began rewrapping his broken wrist.

"I could have sworn you were going to grow up to become some self-centered, spoiled brat, but after you got captured by the Dragonkin for a day, you completely changed, eh?"

"Hm."

Mitsuki steered away from the other thing that had led to his big change.

(Oho, everyone has a sad backstory)

His previous boyfriend had turned out to be a manipulative, money-grubbing asshole.

Of course, Bakugou still treated others like shit. The more distance he had between himself and others, the better.

"I made a friend today."

Mitsuki Bakugou had never been so shocked in her life. This, this cold, brutal child of hers admitted to having a friend?

"He reminded me of Izuku."

"O-Oh." That soured the mood.

When Bakugou came home as a child, he'd tell her wild tales about a green-haired boy who had fluffy ears and two tails and could make this pretty black fire.

He told her that he had made an amazing friend- but they were a 'kitsune'.

Dragonkin were still viewed as imaginary to some people but they existed, as Mitsuki - a single mother - knew.

Kitsunes, unicorns, sea serpents... those did not exist.

She quietly stood up, tying off the bandage.

"I'll go start dinner."

So she still doesn't believe me.

The kid who had been the same age as him, who had bright green hair with fluffy ears and two agile tails - that was his first friend.

An innocent and sweet little kid, who cried if he so much as stepped on an ant.

I wonder what he's doing right now.

Shinsou stepped out into the forest clearing, breathing in the crisp autumn air. A red leaf streaked with yellow floated by his face, and it suddenly changed course, shooting up towards the sky like a bird.

He released his quirk, then headed out of the clearing, heading much deeper into the woods.

I've been neglecting to visit so many people...

As he walked on, his mind began to get lost in his own thoughts.

Thoughts that bubbled up, threatening to crack apart the smiling mask he wore.

Izuku snickered at the short boy, who was beet red.

"You TOTALLY freaked out and jumped into my arms!"

"StoOooOoOOOooOop Izu! I just don't like dogs!"

Izuku grinned, ruffling the purple-haired boy's already messy hair. Of course, the bleeding lip irked Shinsou, and he tackled the other boy, sitting on his chest and beginning to patch Izu's face up.