Ch. 15

Shinsou leaped over the pile of broken support beams, Katsuki and Izuku following behind. Just as they began to run ahead - the exit was right there! - a white haired man appeared, scowling.

"Father." Izuku snarled, three tails lashing behind him.

"What a shame, after someone breaks out of that quirk, I can't use it again." The man's voice rang throughout the hall, a sinister and honey-sweet tone.

Katsuki, Shinsou, and Izuku stood like a deer caught in the headlights. This man, with his oppressive and dominating aura, was not an enemie they could outwit, overpower, or outrun.

The ultimate leader, he was once called, back when the war against the dragonkin was going on.

"So either we get a miracle or we're fucked," Katsuki hissed, but then a familiar low rattle sounded from above them.

Izuku had no clue what was going on, but at the last second, he suddenly grabbed the two shorter boys by the necks and shoved them to the ground as the ceiling exploded, the sound of debris hurtling towards where there heads had just been.

"Oh sweet mother of- thanks Izu." Shinsou choked out, then stood up.

"Run."

Somehow, the ceiling had collapsed, the moon's light flooding in. Fresh, clean air flowed into the base, Izuku sighing in relief.

The pile of metal instantly began melting, however, so they leaped and climbed out into the open, and began running.

As they made their out of the area, the sirens finally silent, Shinsou tugged on the remaining chain around Izuku's right wrist, snapping it open with his quirk.

Ducking around a tattered old warehouse, they raced into the back-alleys.

"What if we get-"

"No chance at all, Suki, we'll be fine." For the first time in a while, Izuku spoke, startling the explosion user.

"We going home or...?" Shinsou asked, ducking under a low-hanging plank then jumping up onto the rooftop.

Katsuki followed, Izuku on his heels.

"Home... sounds nice." Izuku breathed, a smile flitting across his face.

"C'mon Katsuki, the teachers probably caught on to what we're doing, so we need to go." Shinsou said, pointing ahead of him.

Katsuki hadn't realized just how far from the city they had traveled, as Izuku gave him a wry smile. "Yeah, that ugly-ass thing is our home - it's nicer inside."

As Shinsou opened the door and turned on the light, Katsuki choked.

"What is this, a home, or some hackers private base?" He gazed at all the different computers as he realized just how big the place really was.

"Both."

Izuku stumbled over to a table, opening the drawer. "Alright Shinsou, do your thing. Can you make any food Suki?"

The explosion user hummed in acknowledgement, closing the door and making his way over to the 'kitchen' - more like a stove with a fridge right next to it.

Shinsou began cleaning the caked blood off of Izuku's face and torso with a towel, grimacing at the number of wounds and bruises that covered him.

"It-It's been a while," He whispered, and Izuku nodded, unusually quiet.

As the smell of food wafted over to them, Izuku perked up, blindly glancing in the direction of the kitchen. "Smells good, Kacchan."

"It'd better, you have such crappy- oh shit no, no, no - ingredients!" The blonde called, flipping the food over in the pan.

"Izuku, go take a shower." Shinsou finally grumbled when he got the last bit of blood off the boy's face. The green - haired boy shrugged, going to grab new clothes.

Katsuki walked over, sliding three bowls onto the table, as well as a few side dishes.

"Thanks," Shinsou murmured, digging into the food.

"What about his eyes?" Katsuki raised an eyebrow, picking up his bowl.

"They'll heal, he's done worse."

As they ate, the only sound was the shower, and the constant hum of the computers.

Izuku came out, rubbing his hair with a towel as he fumbled for his seat. Sitting down, he grabbed his large bowl of miso soup and eagerly drank it.

"Katsuki, can you grab me the burn cream? It's on the right side of the drawer. I don't feel like looking like a ripoff Todoroki." Shinsou vaguely gestured to the drawer, reaching for the rice Katsuki had made.

Izuku flicked his ears, contentedly sipping the soup.

Katsuki tossed the cream to Shinsou, then dissapeared into the bathroom to tend to his own stab wound that was not bleeding, but dried blood was itchy.

Suddenly, something thudded outside the door, Shinsou and Izuku stiffening and reaching for their respective weapons. They did not expect a desperate Shouta Aizawa to open the door, slumping against the frame in relief.

"Your both alive. Dumbasses." He managed, a shaky smile making it's way across his face. "But... where's-"

"The third dumbass is also here, teach." Katsuki called, a fresh bandage on his arm.

Aizawa's eyes widened, and for the first time, he seemed at a loss for words. "You- You said that you never even heard of these two!"

"I'm not some thickheaded idiot that doesn't watch the news, plus they've saved my ass more than... a few times."

Aizawa groaned, rubbing his eyes.

Izuku, muffled by a mouthful of rice, called out, "Well, now that the entirethy of UA knows where I live, watya gonna foo abouth it?"

"I suppose that they'll lock you up... or send you to our villain rehab program."

"We ain't a bunt-a villainths." He said, rolling his scarred eyes. "I only killed thoo people tothay, in self-defence."

Katsuki muttered something under his breath, wiping the excess burn cream off of Shinsou's face, and then sitting back.

"And this is the kid who started crying because All Might said becoming a hero was impossible for a quirkless kid - much less a tailed-fox." Katsuki grumbled, grabbing more rice.

"Nezu needs to talk to you two- you three." Aizawa called over his shoulder, ready to give All Might a solid whack in the face as he shut the door and left.

Izuku called an incoherent affirmative, stuffing more rice into his mouth.

"Slow down, you're going to choke, dumbass." Katsuki snapped, pulling the bowl away from the boy, earning an indignant squeak as Izuku failed to relocate the bowl.

Shinsou snickered, quietly continuing to finish his own bowl.

"Hah, stealing food from him used to be impossible when he had at least one functioning eye." He remarked, then yelped as Izuku smacked him in the head.