Ch. 9

Izuku was little tired. Thousands of feet underground, forced to be silent, and just barely given enough food to survive.

They... attacked a UA class yesterday? Is Sho okay?

All he knew of the 'outside world' was what he caught from when the guard swapped with another guard.

Honestly, he had no clue how much time had passed.

The blood caked on his arm was itchy, but quirk restraining handcuffs (which did nothing, but were impossible to break) stopped him from scratching at it.

The stab wound I got... healed? Hasn't it only been a few hours?

His memory had also been affected by the solid whack to the head he had received.

No, no, if they attacked yesterday... Sho was going to UA a few weeks after that patrol...

A loud clang startled him, and he slowly raised his head.

"So, son, do you agree to our terms?"

Terms...? Agree... to what?

His mind and body felt sluggish, and then he quietly muttered, "N...o"

My father's quirk: Numb

The brain begins to slow down, and you lose control of your body. He uses it to kidnap people, and honestly...

There's nothing I can do about this...

He closed his eyes, slumping against the blood-stained wall.

Yeah... I'll just go back to sleep.

Bakugou sent a small, controlled explosion right at Shinsou's feet, already running to the side.

Of course, he wasn't quick enough and was flattened into the ground, stuck.

"You increased the range of that wall, too!?"

"Eh, I was going easy on you before, but then you figured out what I was doing... so..."

Shinsou grinned, falling back into position.

They were outside their dorms, training and it was the weekend.

"Ahhhh, and that's the score, 5 - 18, me completely losing"

They walked back around, heading inside. The door was wide open, resulting in Katsuki verbally beating the shit out of 'dunce face'

Shinsou laughed, but inside, he was worried.

Most nights, I walk around, trying to find him... but I can't. My range has gotten farther and farther, and I've even gone WAY out of the city...

What if Izuku had been killed? Turned into a Nomu? Brainwashed, or teleported somewhere across the world?

What if... I never see him again?

Katsuki lightly whacked the back of his neck, snapping him back to reality.

"Oops."

They went to Bakuou's room to finish their homework, Shinsou sighing.

"Ne, Shinsou, how do you get along so well with bakubro- he's gone again!" Kirishima groaned, Mina looking around for the familiar fluffy-haired boy.

"Dang, I thought we had him!"

Katsuki walked alongside the other boy, silent.

"The sports festival is coming soon, I guess," Shinsou muttered, and he nodded, tilting his head to look up at the slow-moving clouds.