25

Michael

By the time I got home from work, Elijah seemed to have gathered his thoughts, and was happy to try the implant out, even if it involved a needle or two. I'd picked up some tampons on the way home, as well as painkillers and some proper trainers for him to kick the football around in as his vans were nice shoes.

Though, now we were getting more kids, I had to pick up a few more things. Extra food, two new teddies, two bags for their things, and a couple of new outfits. At home we had a stock of stationary, blankets, duvets, stockings- random bits and bobs that every kid needed.

And this time we were trying something new.

After finding out Elijah had trouble speaking to us, Crystal and I had decided to create a small bag of things for the twins that belonged to them. We hoped that if they knew they had property and privacy, they would willingly come to us, even if they were only three.

Honestly, trial and error was the best we could do.

"Elijah, come and get tea!" I called, Crystal serving it up while I got us all drinks. He slouched at the table and we took the food over, using his plate again.

"So, by the time we eat here on Sunday morning, we will have two new additions,"

"Who are they?"

"Payton and Cameron, they're three, and twins,"

"Oh, okay,"

"I'm sure they'll play football with you like Jasper did, ay?"

"Yeah. It'll be like two Lauren's," he hummed, "Still nothing from Jasper?"

"Nope, The social worker had told us they're apparently bound to secrecy,"

"Damn. Maybe we'll meet again one day. Which rooms are you re decorating?"

"Well, Payton can have Lauren's and nothing much needs to be done. All we have to do is swap Jasper's furniture with toddler furniture and order some decorations,"- "Jasper's room?"

"Yeah,"

"Why not the spare room?"

"That's a spare room, Elijah. Also, it's where any big kids stay for their first night or two before we figure out room sharing if that's needed,"

"But I like Jasper's room,"

"You can take a couple of the bits left, okay?"

"Okay," he sighed, "The spare room doesn't even have a bed though,"

"Elijah, we have a ton of furniture in the loft ready for any arrival, so we have another double bed that I will build to replace the one that you took. The spare room stays the spare room until that's not possible,"

"I want his duvet, but I don't want it to be washed because it smells like him,"

"Don't you have his calvin klein?"

"It smells different," he argued, "Maybe I shouldn't even want it because he's the one who left me,"

"It's perfectly reasonable,"

Clearly, he was pretty emotional on his period, so we took that on board; I got him to shower and then Crystal watched a film with him while I built up a bed for Cameron. Thankfully it was only little, and Jasper's bed was much easier to take down than put up, so it was sorted quicker than I expected.

I showered and then climbed into the loft and got a bunch of supplies out. On each of their beds I put their teddy and new clothes, along with a new toothbrush, a blanket, a colouring book, a plastic cup and a book.