Farewells and Seatbelts

On the bus . . .

Rory opens her eyes and finds herself looking at Percy. She is snuggled against his arm. Percy looks down at Rory and she blushes.

"How long have I been out?" Rory asks rubbing her eyes.

"We'll be at the airport in two minutes. I hope you had a good sleep." Percy smiles looking straight ahead. The bus stops suddenly.

"Okay, we are at the Conneticutt Airport!" The bus driver hollers through the intercom. Rory and Percy grab their things and exit the bus. Rory is about to take off when Percy grabs her arm.

"Hey I never got your name.?"

"It's Rory."

"Well it's been a pleasure Rory." Percy says grinning. With that, he walks towards the baggage check-in. Rory should go too, but she goes to the restroom instead.

After freshening up a bit, Rory puts a bobby pin in her hair and heads towards the baggage check in. The lady at the counter grunts the section of her plane and slams her ticket on the counter. Rory hastily grabs her tickets and goes to her section which is number 32A.

After drinking coffee and completing a book, it is time to board the plane. Rory grabs her carry-on and approaches the ticket lady. She hands her the ticket and she examines it. Then she stamps it and says "Have a nice flight!"

When she gets on the plane, it is packed. She barely finds her seat which is in front of two little boys.
She takes her seat waits for takeoff.

A familiar person boards the plane, looks at his ticket, and then at his seat and smiles.

Percy approaches Rory and says "Well I didn't know you were going to D.C. Rory! If I knew I would have stayed with you in the airport!"

Rory obviously shocked, smiles and scoots to the next seat over near the window.

"What a fun flight this will be."Percy says, putting his bag under the seat in front of him.

"Sure will be." Rory says opening the window.

"We are about to launch. Have a great flight and thank you for flying USA Airlines of Conneticutt!" The flight attendant says throught the intercom. "Please fasten your seat belts."