Chapter one

Garage/Studio 4:13pm Friday 1994

Alex's Pov

"Take off, last stop
Countdown 'til we blast open the top
Face first, full charge
Electric hammer to the heart" Luke belts out as Bobby and Reg shred on their guitars, the sound of our instruments and voices flooding the garage.

Every once in a while I could catch Luke glancing over his shoulder, trying to meet my eyes with his. Luke and I have been together for nearly nine months now. Bobby and Reg are aware, and could really care less as long as our relationship doesn't interfere with the band. Ever since my parents kicked me out for being gay, ive been crashing on the couch here in the garage. I think my parents' reaction to my coming out really alarmed Luke. His parents arent homophobic persay, but they've already got their issues with him being in a band, he just feels that coming out as pan would just be the cherry on top, securing his parents inevitable disappointment. It's nine months into the relationship and they still don't know about us, which is fine. Coming out is a personal thing and he will when he is ready. But it's just... nine months?

"Tight!" Bobby exclaims, setting his six string down after playing the last note.

Luke leans his guitar against the amp and wanders around my drum set, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my neck, holding me close to his chest. I melt into his touch, a faint blush inserting itself onto my cheeks. He lays his chin on my shoulder, looking up at the boys. "You really forcing these two goobs to come to the wedding?" He whispers into my ear.

I'm attending my cousin Melanie's Wedding this evening. I'm dragging Reg and Bobby with me, if I have to endure three hours of heterosexuality then they are just gonna have to bare through three hours of wearing suits. I would drag Luke along, but apparently Luke's mother is a part of Melanie's cooking class, securing her and her family an invite.

I chuckle softly, "Bobbys gonna try to pick up a couple chicks and Reg is hopping for a pasta bar."

"Oooh Chicken Alfredo sounds good." He laughs.

"But don't worry, we can find someplace to sneak off to, just the two of us." Luke lifts his chin from my shoulder and releases me from his embrace, backing up a little. I swirl around on my seat, facing him. He has his hand placed on the back of his neck, looking down so he won't meet my gaze. My eyebrows furrow, "What?"

"It's umm... it's... just-" he stutters, his eyes glued to his Air Jordans.

"Just what Luke?"

"My parents... the um, they wanted me to bring a date to the wedding... a girl."

This must have caughten Bobby and reggies attention because I could hear their conversation about which condiments are better on a burger come to a sudden halt.

"A date?" I ask, my heart slightly shifting out of place.

"Who?" Bobby chimes in.

Luke rubs the back of his neck, looking up from the floor and meeting his hazel eyes with mine. "Camilla..."

I sigh, turning around to where my back is to him. "Yeah no, sounds good. Invite your ex to my cousin's wedding."

"Solid plan Luke." Reggie shares sarcastically.

I bend over, picking up my backpack before I stand up and head for the open garage doors. "Have fun." I say bitterly, exiting the studio.

Luke's Pov

The second the garage door slams shut by Alex, Bobby and Reggie swing their attention back to me. "You serious dude?" Bobby asks, irritation detected in his tone.