Chapter 12

Chapter 12

As usual, he always laugh in serious conversations.

"Oh right, you ended it through text" and it was my turn to actually laugh, bitterly.

He shrugged

"How did you know Jungkook anyway?" he asked

"None of your business" I drank from the bottle, wiping my lips using the back of my hand.

"C'mon eunji, just a little closure" teasing me.

"Nope, guess we're done here" I stood up and he also did. For some reason, I want Jungkook to find me.

"Hey, Hey! You wouldn't want to be stuck there with those business people, well would you?" Blocking my way.

"How did you know Hoseok anyway?" Facing him, asking the same question, he smiled again

"Second cousin" shrugging his shoulders. That took me back a little, I guess he didn't know what happened to me and Jungkook.

"Uhmm" pouting my lips "ok" I pushed him aside but I never thought it would be a bad idea.

A splash greeted me, I fell in the pool.

"Sht! Sorry!" Removing his tux and rushing to swim towards me.

"Ugh stupid!" I splashed at him as he came towards me, my audacity to blame him.

"You ok?" Holding both of my shoulders and those eyes, he was concerned.

My ex. My first ever ex still cares.

I laughed and splashed him some more "Stop!" And he did the same.

He stopped both of my hands and then he stared at me, I'm not drunk but I know where this will go.

But I still waited for him to do it anyway, he closed his eyes and slowly kissed my lips.

I quickly straddled to his waist and clinging on his shoulder, deepening the kiss. Kissing my cheek down to my neck, I realized what we're doing.

"W-we should go" stopping him, grasping my breath, I quickly swam away from him.

I pursed my lips and closed my eyes, 'What was that Eunji' screaming at the back of my head. "Ugh" removing my sneakers and removing the water inside. Good thing there was a towel nearby.

"I'm sorry, I should not have done that" Jackson said, "It's ok" I responded to his kiss anyway, owning it up would be the best option right now.

I hugged myself as the coldness hit me, wrong idea to push Jackson, not remembering that he was working out and that pushing him would put me to no avail of a good walk out, instead I pushed myself in the pool. Now wet and cold.

"Use this" placing his tux on my shoulders.

"Now, how would we show ourselves to them?" Rolling my eyes

"That we had a little swim?" Smirking, owning it up it is. I picked up my shoes and I let him lead the way.

I'm a little nervous as we reached the part where we can hear them talking, as always. Barefoot, we went down the stairs and I never thought that people would actually stare, I guess it was my dress getting all skimpy on my figure and dripping at the same time. They we're whispering.

Jackson cleared his throat and winked at me, going to the opposite way as me. I saw how hoseok, with his forehead creasing, talked to him, about probably causing unwanted attention.

"Went for a little swim, huh?" Jungkook grabbed my hand and knew exactly where to go. I was silent, waiting for a reaction from him.

We went to a room, it was probably a guess room and gave me a spare dress. "Who owns this?" Asking him, the dress smells like it was stocked for a long time.

"Hoseok's Sister" he simply said.

I looked at the dress once more, it's a v necked vintage blue dress that stops below the knee.

"I ought to look for you" Jungkook silently said, "I guess you had a good time with that guy back there" he continued. Staring intently at me.

"Good thing hoseok asked me to bring you here after we saw the two of you, dripping wet" he looked away, signaling me to put on the dress.

Slowly removing my wet clothing, I put on the the dress he gave me, even with my underwear still wet, I still wore it anyway. Putting aside Jackson's tux.

"Are you done?" This whole time he wasn't smiling anymore or even relaxed. He looks like the same Jungkook that I met.

Since my shoes are wet already, I wore a fluffy house slipper, this should do it.

We went back to the party and it was back to normal, Jungkook left to have a phone call and I was left alone again.

The atmosphere between me and him was cold and somewhat awkward, was he not having a good time?

I looked at the crowd once again and I realized that Jimin was not here. I sat down to the nearest chair and quickly a guy ask what I would like to eat.

"Anything, Seafood maybe" I told him

"Granted, madame" he left the table with a smile and a bow.

Hearing my stomach growl once more and I was glad that the food was served quickly. It was a stir fried shrimp. Quickly eating. A server asked me if I wanted a champagne and I quickly obliged, getting on her tray.

Downing it, feeling the carbonated drink on my throat.

That's when I wanted more. Everytime a waiter or waitress offers me a liquor, I quickly drink it on one down and I felt my cheeks warming up.

"Yolo" I chuckled by myself and drank another one.

That's when Jungkook joined me on the table, this time he was amused, based on his expression, well it's better than not being able to read him at all.

When a new liquor was offered to me, he shooed the server away.

"Hey! What's wrong with you" I rolled my eyes and called the server and got myself another drink, It was iced brandy. I made a face as the alcohol touched my throat, up to my nose.

"Phuffggh" trying to relieve myself, slapping my chest.

"It's a sipping brandy" he said, half smiling, he was amused on how I made the face.

"Should we go home? You're getting drunk" he asked

I smiled at him, showing my teeth, I wanted to tell him what's on my mind as the alcohol hit my logical thinking. No wonder why they called alcohol as the liquid courage.