Chapter 5

I hesitated. Faith grabbed me but I hesitated. 

"Relax, Muriel!" she shouted with a smile. "You look um.. you look great!" she smiled again. 

That was encouraging. She pulled me towards the house and I couldn't help but felt nervous. Walking to the house felt as if I was walking to my grave. I don't know what it was, but I could not shake the feeling, that coming here was a mistake. 

Out of habit, I checked my phone. I had a message from my mom. That was ten minutes ago.  

*Mother: Hello daughter. Your dad and I are off to a meeting*

I quickly sent a reply about sleeping because I knew they would believe I was in my room sleeping. As a precaution, because I knew my mother, I quickly turned it off just in case they decided to track my location. Ok, I'm being paranoid. 

Entering the house was like entering a dump filled with drunk people, drunk people gyrating on each other.  Walking deeper into the house, the darn stench of alcohol and sweat made my nose burn. The music was ear-splitting and the entire place was vibrating. It was also foggy which meant they had to have a fog machine somewhere. In the corner, there was a girl sitting on a guy's lap and he had his hand up her very tiny skirt and she was moving her hips on him. What on God's earth were they doing? 

 I needed to go. This was not my scene. 

Turning around to escape, I felt Faith's hands gripped my shoulder.

"Loosen up Muriel! she yelled. I nodded my head and clutched my purse. 

She noticed my hand movement but said nothing.

"I'll be right back!" she yelled again and turned around to leave.

"No, wait! " I panicked. "Don't leave!"

"Seriously Ginger, relax!". she said annoyed and walked off.

 I  stood frozen in shock and stared at her dancing her way through the crowd.

 Ginger? D- di- did she really call me that?  What is happening? Since when does she call me Ginger? She knows how much I hate that name. Deep breaths Muriel, deeps breaths.

What should I do now? I felt so out of place. I looked around and realized I was in what seems to live in area. I hadn't realized until now, that most of them were looking at me and it wasn't a pleasant look. It was one of ridicule. They were whispering to each other and laughing. I pulled adjusted my dress and looked down. I have never felt so embarrassed. Did I really look that bad? Faith said I looked nice. Speaking of Faith, where was she? I looked around but she was nowhere in sight and I needed to leave this place.  

"This is a college party, not a senior citizen party," a cold voice said, making me jump.

I turned to see who was talking and was greeted with an unpleasant look by a tall brunette who looked as if she stepped off a runway. Her hair was bone straight and cascaded down her shoulders, she was thin and gorgeous, not to mention heavily made up. She was incredibly gorgeous. There were two girls beside her, just as beautiful, who looked at me with equal distaste.

"Excuse me?" I asked her baffled. 

"I know that accent, you're not from here, no wonder you're dressed liked that". she said with a sly smile. 

Who was this girl and why can't she just leave me be? I wanted to say that to her, but i was too afraid.

 "What the fuck are you wearing? Look around, you see anyone dressed like that?" she snapped.