CHAPTER 12

How is everyone doing? Thanks for sticking around! Dedicating this chapter to VydankaleoBioh and Scowltomboy . Thanks for voting guys! 

"Sweetheart, it's going to be fine. I'll find a way," she said smiling. She was doing what she always does; smile to make me think everything was ok. But I'm not a child anymore. I know our life was shit. "I'm going to call dad again," I said holding her hand. I know they were going through a divorce, but I'm his son, he'll help me. I dial his number but it went straight to voicemail. I tried again, the same thing happened. I rang it a few more times but nothing.

"Sweetie, it's fine. I'll find a way to make some money". she said, but I could see the uncertainty in her eyes. 

I wanted to curse her out, tell her how stupid she was for not having shit for herself. How could she let dad put his name on everything? How the hell can someone be so fucking dumb? But looking at her dishevelled appearance, I didn't. I couldn't. I look around at our new home, a tiny one-bedroom apartment dad 'gifted' us. According to him, it's the only thing mom deserves. We've been living here for over two weeks and it was hell.

A knock sounded at the door and mom got up to answer. A few minutes later, she came back crying. "Mom, what is it?" She was sobbing uncontrollably. "Mom, calm down," I said gently. "Who was at the door?" She wiped her runny nose and took a deep breath. "We -we- we have to leave, your father is kic-king us out." The waterworks started again and she sat on the couch with her head in her hand. Kicking us out already? This can't be happening.

I kneeled in front of her and remove her hands. She looked at me with wide eyes " What happened between you and dad? Why is he doing all this?" Like a crazy person, she leapt up, started pacing, widely and looking around. 

"Mind your own business! Get your stuff, we have to leave, now". 

I jumped up realizing I was seated with my laptop on the table. I must have drowsed while finishing up my assignment. It's so damn frustrating not knowing what the hell went on between them and why he took it out on me, why he left me. Mom didn't tell me anything. Each time I brought up his name, she'd freak out. 

I went outside to take a smoke. I needed something to clear my mind. I was sick and tired and nothing going my way. After what happened or didn't happen at the party, I needed to blow off some steam. 

*****

I might have gone overboard at the because my knuckles were busted again, I had work and I knw my director will be pissed. Best to get it over with. 

 Putting my hands in my pocket, I braced myself for the storm to come, a storm with oversized tits. 

With a heavy heart, I entered and look around. Big mistake, because she sees me and starts bulldozing towards me. 

"Hey handsome, you're here, and ten minutes late," she says rubbing my arms. 

Keep calm Cole.

"Obviously."

"Grumpy as always huh sexy?" I give her a blank look and she laughs and shakes her head. "Ok handsome let's go get you ready." Grabbing my hand, she pulls me towards her but then stops. A frown on her face and she was looking at my hands. Storm time I guess.

"Cole what the hell happened to your knuckles?" she asks panicking.

"Calm down," I was already annoyed and the last thing I need was her irritating voice.