CHAPTER 14

Muriel's POV

Everyone avoided him. You could see rage dripping from his body. 

He has been last this for the past couple of days and no one dared to question him.  I was honestly scared that he would see me looking at it so I made myself invisible. 

Rumours spread that he had a secret girlfriend and got dumped. Another was he joined a ganged. That second rumour I could believe. He had the look. Long hair, tattoos all over, piercings, deep sexy voice.. wait, not that last part. 

I wanted to know what was happening to him that made him so angry but I knew I didn't have the courage to even speak to him. 

"Ok class, go to your partner and start working". I heard the voice of my professor say. 

What was he talking about? I was so busy focusing on Cole, that I wasn't listening to what was being said. 

"Muriel, go to your partner now please". 

My partner? I looked around and the entire class was looking at me. Some looked worried, others looked amused. 

Who was my partner?

 I turned to Ava to help me out but she looked petrified. 

"Ava, who is my partner? I wasn't listening". I explained. I wished she would stop looking like a fish out of water and speak to me.

 Gulping she leaned in and whispered " Cole". 

The moment she said his name the air left my chest. I sat there like a statue staring at Ava. Him?

"Ms Kennedy, if you could stop wasting time, I'd like to get on with my class". the Professor said. 

Timidly, I slowly turned and looked in his direction. Just like in every class, he had his head on the table, not caring about anything. 

I slowly stood up on shaky legs and made my way over to him and sat down clutching my bag.

 My heart was racing but he made no move that indicated he sensed my presence. 

Sitting there, I got a wisped of his cologne. He smelt heavenly.

 Oh my. I was not expecting him to smell so good. I looked at his beautiful hair and wondered what it felt like. I could also see the bulge of muscle under his shirt. Just looking at him made a weird sensation run through me. 

"Maybe you should stare less and pay more attention in class, whore". Chelsea said snapping me out of my thoughts. I could feel my cheek heat up at being caught staring at Cole. 

She had a murderous look in her eyes that made me shift uncomfortably in my seat. 

I made it my duty to look straight ahead and not draw any more attention to myself. That was so embarrassing! The professor explained the project that had different parts and would determine whether our final grade. 

This was something I could do. I liked writing,  and I had many ideas. 

I wrote down exactly what should be done and sat with my back straight the entire class time. Not once did he move or make a sound. Just being this close to him made me nervous. Even though he wasn't looking, his presence made me nervous. Was hard to believe this was the same guy that helped me at the party.