━ 𝟎𝟏

NESTLED DEEP IN THE AVENGER'S COMPOUND, were several people that were eagerly awaiting the arrival of Artemis Barton, Loki Laufeyson, and Martina Garcia.

Tony Stark was sitting in the metal room, tinkering with the computer in front of him while Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton chatted over how long it had been since they'd seen their niece.

As soon as Artemis had notified them that she and Loki were returning with an accomplished mission, they had all scrambled to interrogation room and prepared the cell for Martina's impending arrival.

Everyone in the room let out a sigh of relief when they heard the metal doors click open to reveal Artemis and Loki emerging through the threshold.

Artemis was standing on her own- save for Loki's arm slinked around her waist- but regardless of her seemingly put-together appearance, Clint couldn't help but notice several bandages wrapped around her shoulder peeking out underneath her shirt.

"Artemis!" Clint yelled, smiling as his niece slapped Loki's hands away from her waist so she could run to her uncle.

Artemis wrapped herself in her uncle's embrace and pulled back to kiss his cheek. "I've missed you so much!"

"Me too, kid. Me too. How is it up in Asgard?" he asked, throwing his arm over her shoulders as he walked her into the room. "How is Thor liking being a king?"

Artemis glanced back at Loki. She knew Thor's recent coronation was still a touchy subject for Loki so she pursed her lips at her uncle.

Despite the five years that had passed since Loki's invasion of New York, and all the good he had done along the way, her uncle was still not the biggest fan of the God of Mischief.

"He's fine," she said through gritted teeth. She leaned closer to whisper into his shoulder. "Don't be a dick."

Clint feigned offense as he clutched his chest. "Me? A dick? When have I ever?"

She nudged him playfully and looked back, waving Loki to follow her into the room- which he did with much annoyance.

"Can we go back to Asgard now?" he asked her, slinking his arm around her waist and purposefully brushing his fingers dangerously close to the underside of her breast, knowing full well that Clint was watching. "We have a lot to attend to and I'm bored."

Artemis slapped his hand away and pressed her finger against his chest. "You're not bored, you're pouting. You agreed to spend a few weeks here and I sure as hell am not leaving now. I want to make sure Martina is acclimated."

"The woman who tried to kill you? Don't take great offense if I'm not a fan."

"Fan or not, can you at least try to be nice?" she questioned, leaning up to kiss his neck. She grinned mischievously at him as she pulled back. "I promise I'll make it worth your while."

Loki's body stiffened immediately. "If you insist."

"Now, that's a good little prince." Artemis smiled as she flicked his nose. She excused herself from the disgruntled prince and made her way over to the others. "Stark! Have you gotten older?"

"I see you've brought Rock of Ages," Tony said, gesturing to the still angry Loki who was trying his best to ignore Clint's dangerous scowl. "Couldn't leave him in his cage?"

Artemis shook her head as she hugged him. "Do I have to remind everyone to play nice today? Jesus."

Tony rolled his eyes; he was not known for playing nice. "How's Asgard treating you?"