━ 𝟏𝟑

*𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭*

BOTH BUCKY AND MARTINA WERE EXHAUSTED when they walked into the penthouse of Stark Tower the following morning. 

Steve, Wanda, and Tony were lounging in the living room, all pretending to be extremely nonchalant, and breaking that facade as they all shot out of their seats at the arrival of the two misfits. 

"Hey!" Steve said, walking over to them and hugging Bucky. "We didn't know when you'd two would be back!"

"Yeah," Wanda said, making her way to Martina, reaching out for her hands as she gave her a disappointed smile. "When you two left you were being very cryptic."

"What?" Tony snorted. "Frozone didn't like the sun?"

"No, no," Martina said, shaking her head and letting go of Wanda's hands. "Nothing like that..." she looked up at Bucky. "We actually got some pretty huge news."

"About what?" Steve asked.

"About her powers," Bucky said. 

"Well?" Tony said, tapping his foot impatiently. "Are we going to play hangman or are you going to tell us?"

Martina sucked in a deep breath as she held her hands up in the air. There was no use beating around the bush- she knew Tony would just find a way to make it explode regardless- so she just came out with it. "I wasn't experimented on by HYDRA. I was actually born with them."

The room was eerily silent as every person, minus her and Bucky, became frozen like creepy statues. 

For a second, Martina considered that they hadn't heard her at all until Stark threw his glasses off and clapped his hands together. 

"I knew it!" he yelled, reaching for his phone. "I have to tell Lionel! It makes so much sense considering your lab results! There's still more I have him pouring over back at the lab but it's so similar to the Super Soldier Serum but with differences that-"

"Silence, Stark!" Wanda demanded, snapping her fingers so that Stark's voice was muted by a bubble of red that floated around his head. 

"Martina..." Steve began, shaking his head with an incredulous smile on his face. "How do you feel about this?"

She let out a dry laugh as she pushed her hair back from her face. "I honestly don't know."

Stark was waving his hands frantically in front of his face and with an eye roll and a snap of her fingers, Wanda popped the bubble.

"This is amazing!" he shouted, a little too loudly causing Wanda to flinch. 

"Don't make me put that bubble back!"

"So, the very first enhanced-born," Steve said with a smile, mulling the thought over in his head. "It seems too weird to be true."

"No," Stark snapped, pushing him out of the way so he could examine Martina. "That's a terrible name."

"Then what do you suggest?" Bucky asked with a bored tone as he slapped Stark's hands away from his girl. 

Tony was frowning at Bucky until a thought popped in his head. 

"She's a mutant!"

"Like that's any better." Martina scoffed, thinking that term made her feel like even more of a science experiment. "Tony! Stop touching me! I promise you can get all the samples you want later!"