━ 𝟏𝟐

"IT'S HOT."

"It's Florida."

"It's still hot."

"It's still Florida."

Bucky smirked as he looked down at Martina leaning against an unsightly yellow cab with blue over-sized sunglasses perched on her nose, a tank top that allowed the sun's piercing rays to kiss her skin, and her hair clipped back so the salty ocean mist could tickle the back of her neck. She was fidgeting with the phone in her hand and her lips were puckered as they stared at the modest bungalow in front of them.  

When Martina and Bucky had awoken the morning after Wanda unlocked her mind, they were determined to do what they had discussed the night before and find her aunt. They had left without little warning, picking up the clothes that Artemis and Steve had brought them, only throwing an apology over their shoulder as they ran out of the building and hailed a cab. 

"Your nervous," Bucky stated, tightening his grip on her luggage as he leaned into the cab and paid the driver. 

Martina chuckled awkwardly as she pushed her sunglasses up to her head. "Is it obvious?"

"It's going to be okay," he said, pulling her into his chest as they continued to stare at the bungalow. "We should go in."

Martina bit her bottom lip. "No need. I called beforehand so-"

"Mija! Te extrañé tanto!"

A shrill thick-accented voice pierced the humid air as an older woman who held an uncanny resemblance to Martina ran out the front door. She was wearing a pair of dinosaur scrubs and had her long honey hair bunched together messily on her head. Her deep brown eyes lit up with satisfaction as she ran up to her niece. 

"It's been so long!" her aunt yelled, pulling Martina into her chest tightly as she kissed both her cheeks. Her eyes wandered to Bucky who stood awkwardly behind them and her jaw dropped. "And you brought a man!"

Bucky lowered the hem of his sleeve and adjusted his glove as he stepped forward and extended his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

Martina's eyes widened and she looked disbelieving at Bucky's disarmingly charming quirk of his lips and confident voice. James Buchanan Barnes had emerged. 

"A handsome and polite man," her aunt said, letting go of Martina so she could pull Bucky into a crippling hug that he had not initiated as she pressed kisses to both his cheeks. " Please, call me Carolina. Come on you two, it's too hot out here. There's Nestea inside!"

Carolina had grabbed the luggage out of Bucky's hands and was still chatting animatedly as she walked back into the bungalow, not seeming to notice or care that neither of the two was following her.  

Martina turned around and raised her eyebrows at him. 

"What?" he said, grinning back at her in a fashion that was severely unlike him. "Just because I don't feel like him doesn't mean I can't imitate him."

Martina huffed as she latched onto his arm. "I rather like you when you're yourself."

Bucky snorted as she led them to the bungalow. "As if I know what that is."

"Hey," Martina said, stopping short of the front door as she brushed her fingers against his cheek. "You might not but I do."

Martina led them inside and Bucky could not help but smile at the warmth he felt as soon as he entered. There was mismatched furniture that was spread around the quaint living room and the walls were adorned with different crucifixes and miniature Virgin Mary statues.